Air NZ First Class

Old March 3rd, 2005, 07:04 PM
true ba

Default Air NZ First Class

Anyone been on Air NZ First Class (747) before and have any tips? I've been
on Quantas 747 first and can tell you to take advantage of the sleeper
suits, the unlimited video tapes in the library and the continuous snacks
and soups. But you don't always figure this stuff out the first time you
fly it. Hence, anyone have any Air NZ First Class tips? Whats the best way
to get to sleep on these not-lie flat beds? Etc?

Old March 4th, 2005, 04:11 PM
RaT

ANZ have done a licensing deal with Virgin Atlantic to use there totally lie
flat seats these are one of the largest seats in the air at the moment and
are very comfortable. I have used them several times and are great (called
Upper Class on Virgin) Whether ANZ have installed any yet I don't know but
if they have you are in for a good sleep!

Old March 5th, 2005, 05:53 PM
+q

"true ba" wrote in message
Anyone been on Air NZ First Class (747) before and have any tips? I've

been
on Quantas 747 first and can tell you to take advantage of the sleeper
suits, the unlimited video tapes in the library and the continuous snacks
and soups. But you don't always figure this stuff out the first time you
fly it. Hence, anyone have any Air NZ First Class tips? Whats the best

way
to get to sleep on these not-lie flat beds? Etc?

Hey ! you are flying frigging first class , so what do you reckon it will
be like ? a hostess jump seat ? The best way to get to sleep is drink a
skinful of free **** and pass out , just like the rest of us in cattle class
do . Only difference is that in first class you gotta try and hold your
farts in , down back we just let em rip .

Old March 5th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Neil Raines

True, but the first plane does not go into service until June 2005. It
almost certainly will be on the AKL-LAX route

Old March 6th, 2005, 02:38 AM
true ba

Thanks Neil for the clarification - I was confused too about the switchover.
AirNZ webpage shows something that doesn't lie flat the whole way which is a
bit of a drag given that I spent about 30% more for Air NZ instead of
Quantas from the USA which I know has lie flat because I flew it to SYD in
2003.

I'm wondering about more of the amenities. When I flew Quantas FC outbound
I didn't know about how the movies worked - that you checked off a list and
they were brought to you as you finished them. So I was watching the
limited selection on the regular in flight system. I just didn't know the
degree to which they bombard you with stuff if you only know what to ask.
Hence, my question if anyone has flown Air NZ FC and has any tips on how
best to get your miles worth.

Old March 9th, 2005, 02:24 AM

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:04:15 -0500, "true ba" wrote:

Anyone been on Air NZ First Class (747) before and have any tips? I've been
on Quantas 747 first and can tell you to take advantage of the sleeper
suits, the unlimited video tapes in the library and the continuous snacks
and soups. But you don't always figure this stuff out the first time you
fly it. Hence, anyone have any Air NZ First Class tips? Whats the best way
to get to sleep on these not-lie flat beds? Etc?

Air NZ going flat out to improve comfort

09.03.05 1.00pm

Air New Zealand passengers wanting to fly to and from the United
States will soon be able to buy lie-flat seats for just 25 per cent
above the standard fare.

Air New Zealand today released details of its revamped services to the
US.

People flying on the new "premium economy" class to Los Angeles will
be able to travel on lie-flat beds for $2399 return from August 7 and
to San Francisco for $2499.

Air NZ is reconfiguring its 747-400s to have 36 Business Premier seats
at the front of the main deck and a further 10 on the upper deck, 23
Pacific Premium Economy seats also on the upper deck and 324 Pacific
Economy seats on the main deck.

Boeing 747-400 services between Auckland, Los Angeles and London will
be the next available from Saturday November 5.

The company said it anticipated demand for the premium economy seating
would grow and it was already looking for ways to expand availability
onto the 747's main deck.

The airline announced last week that from November it would double the
number of flights it operates between Auckland and San Francisco from
three to six return services per week.

The increased schedule will take effect from November 29 and the
airline would begin using its new Boeing 777-200 aircraft, which it
takes possession of later this year.

- NZPA
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?...ectID=10114386
Old March 10th, 2005, 12:12 PM
true ba

True and interesting. The only problem is the re-fit won't be done by the
time I am flying. Thx for the piece though.