Tulum Excursion on RCCL

Old November 15th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Larry Simon

Default Tulum Excursion on RCCL

We're on the New Year's eve Radiance of the Seas cruise. We were
considering the Tulum or Tulum/Xel-Ha excursion through RCCL. I usually
prefer to do excursions on my own, but the concensus seems to be that this
is a good one to do with the cruise line.

The only mixed signal is some messages in the archives that seem to indicate
that some of the cruise line tours to Tulum spend a lot of time going around
to places other than Tulum - either shopping or otherwise. I really don't
want to spend a major portion of a long excursion on unwanted side trips.

Has anyone taken the tour through RCCL recently who can comment on this one
way or the other?

Old November 15th, 2003, 09:10 PM
John P. McCormack

I did the Tulum trip with RCCL several years ago. Unless it's changed, the trip
was straight to Tulum with one rest stop on the way. After the tour you do walk
back to the bus through a tourist trap but whether you linger is up to you. At
the time the Tulum/Xel-Ha combined excursion wasn't offered.
Old November 15th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Stuck in Central Florida

I believe that has been the Thulium intermarry forever. We did the same
about 7 years ago. The ruins were interesting to see and there was 'free'
beer on the bus back.

Old November 16th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Len C.

Tulum spend a lot of time going around to places other than Tulum -
either shopping

We did this tour in April thru RCI on our cruise. It was a nice
excursion and you will have plenty of time exploring the ruins. Our tour
bus made one stop on the way. Yes it was a place with a lot of Mexican's
selling their goods, restrooms, and a place to buy bottled water, etc.
However it took only about a half hour to 45 mins. off the tour, and a
lot of people purchased their souvenirs here.