seafood restaurant in Vancouver

Old September 2nd, 2004, 09:25 PM
Jo

Default seafood restaurant in Vancouver

We will be there next week and I was told that in Canada we should find nice
seafood. I love lobster and crab and was wondering if anyone could recommend
a good restaurant in Vancouver. Not too expensive, but good.

Joanne

Old September 2nd, 2004, 09:57 PM
PeterL

"Jo" wrote in message
We will be there next week and I was told that in Canada we should find

nice
seafood. I love lobster and crab and was wondering if anyone could

recommend
a good restaurant in Vancouver. Not too expensive, but good.

Vancouver is not known for lobsters. But there are a number of Chinese
restaurants esp. in Richmond that can do exceptional lobster and crab. And
they can do it comparatively inexpensively. Try Kirin. Or anyone that has
live fish tanks where you can see the live lobsters and crabs.

Joanne

Old September 3rd, 2004, 07:35 AM
Joanne

Thanks, but we are only there for a day and staying on granville
Island. Isn't Richmond quite a way out with no car ?

Joanne

Old September 4th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Király

Joanne wrote:
Thanks, but we are only there for a day and staying on granville
Island. Isn't Richmond quite a way out with no car ?

Try the Sandbar, it's about a 2 minute walk from the Granville Island
hotel. You can also take the little Aquabus ferry from Granville Island
across False Creek (2 minute ride) and walk up a block to the Kettle of
Fish restaurant. It's always getting good reviews.

K.

Old September 4th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Király

Joanne wrote:
Thanks, but we are only there for a day and staying on granville
Island. Isn't Richmond quite a way out with no car ?

You can also take the ferry from GI to Yaletown (5 minutes) and go to the
Blue Water. It's a little pricey, but excellent food. Younger, hip
clientele.

Old September 4th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Judy

"Király" wrote in message
Joanne wrote:
Thanks, but we are only there for a day and staying on granville
Island. Isn't Richmond quite a way out with no car ?

Try the Sandbar, it's about a 2 minute walk from the Granville Island
hotel. You can also take the little Aquabus ferry from Granville Island
across False Creek (2 minute ride) and walk up a block to the Kettle of
Fish restaurant. It's always getting good reviews.

K.

Here's the link to their dinner menu.

http://www.carderos.com/sandbar_menu_dinner.html

Dungeness Crab - my favourite!! I see they have Lobster too.

Judy

Old September 4th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Jo

thanks Judy and Király, by the prices I can see that seafood isn't that
cheap in Vancouver and it will be a one time only treat. Someone must have
mislead me on it being quite easy to get and reasonable priced. I think we
will stick to steaks while over there. Will try one of the two restaurants.
One other question if you don't mind, how much can we expect to be added on
for taxes and service to menu prices ?

regards,
Joanne