New Credit Card Fees!

Old April 22nd, 2005, 06:47 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default New Credit Card Fees!

Hi Everyone,

I saw this Laura Bly article in the USA Today regarding credit cards
including the Sea Miles card.
http://tinyurl.com/8lonk
If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my
web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old April 23rd, 2005, 03:17 AM
micclay

Saw on my just received MBNA Visa card that the required point redemptions
are increasing dramatically. I have an ICruise Visa card and ICruise
says its MBNA that increased the point requirements.

For example, currently a $1,000 credit on a cruise booked thru ICruise
requires 34,000 miles. Under the new structure, effective July 1st,
35,000 miles will only get you $400. Two and half times less value.

The Credit Companies stink. They are today legalized Mafia. Their
interest rates are higher than from the man on the corner. They hustle
their cards to teenagers and college students, offer teaser rates and then
raise them to 25 - 30% at the first opportunity. Universal default anf
other tricks abound.

And our wonderful Federally elected officials cater to the almighty dollar
and support these thugs. Congratulations to our wonderful Republican
president for signing the bankruptcy law. Know the credit card banks can
help the person get into debt, charge them 25+% interest which makes it
almost impossible to pay off, and with the new bankruptcy rules, make them
indentured servants to the banks.

This Country is really beginning to suck.

Sorry for the ranting. I was only going to complain about the cutback in
points. By the way, many of the credit card dead heads don't deserve
bankruptcy protection, but now a lot of good and innocent people who have
had a run of bad luck are screwed.

Old April 23rd, 2005, 03:26 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Makes us sad that we will have to pay an additional 4% if we use a credit
card to pay our charges for limo service.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old April 23rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
Robert Bob Edwards

Dick,

Pay cash. Get the euros from an ATM.

Old April 23rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
Robert Bob Edwards

Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:18 PM
Dick Goldhaber

That is what we did last year in Barcelona. My bank charges a flat fee of
$5.00 for a International currency withdrawal.

DG

Old April 24th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Jimbo

I read smewhere that PayPal was a scam.
JDR

Old April 24th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Jimbo

Old April 24th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Jim,

The only scam I know of concerning both PayPal and eBay are the ones where
you get an email suggesting that there is a problem with your account and
directing you to a seemingly secure site where you are supposed to confirm
your information.

The catch is that the site is NOT secure and you are about to tell the
thieves everything they need to know to rob you blind.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ