cruise trip report

Old May 13th, 2004, 03:29 PM
L.Hachey

Default cruise trip report

Just want a straight answer? I have always given you straight answers. I
have never NOT given you a straight answer. I have absolutely NOTHING to
hide. Ask me any question you want, and I will give you an answer.

I think anyone on this list would agree that I have answered all of your
interogation very honestly.

And you ARE being hostile.

"CupCaked" wrote in message
"L.Hachey" wrote:

I know where I am, I didn't know what the RTC stood for. Didn't know it
stood for the group.

YOu are quite hostile. Is there a reason for this? Could I be taking
possible customers away from you?

Nope, 'just want a straight answer.

Now, for my questions, asked earlier in this thread: Do you pay your
contributors? Do they know you're making money from their writing?

Again, not hostile, just wondering (and trying to keep you honest.)

"CupCaked" wrote in message
You're posting here and you don't know where you are? I smell a
pssoible spammer.

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Chrissy, thank you for your welcome here and your well wishes, they

are
appreciated. I have a question though, what does RTC stand for?

Thanks again,
L. Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

"Cruising Chrissy" wrote in message
.. .

Cruising Chrissy" wrote in message

Do you make money off your site?

On Wed, 12 May 2004 19:31:19 GMT, "L.Hachey"
wrote:

Yes, I agree, this is an excellent question.

As you can see by visiting my site, a lot of time and effort has

gone
into
creating and maintaining my site. I have spent close to six months
creating
it, and I do generate a very small amount of money from advertising
income.
Somewhere around $2 US a day, in fact. So I"m not getting rich! =)

What you make now and what yo can make, by (spam)advertising here,

by
increasing the hit rate, geographic dispersion data, etc, from your
paid sponsors is one wholly different income module.
In short speak, by coming here, you have exactly attempted to

increase
your ability to charge more money to your sponsors and/or attract

more
and better paying sponsorships.

Basically, I'm a mom at home with kids, just trying to make a

living
while
also trying to stay home. Just like any other person. I've created

service that I hope will benefit others, while at the same time I

hope
that
perhaps I may make a few dollars from advertisers so that I can

make
this
my
job.

See above.

And in the end I may not. But still, the service is there for

others.
I"m not trying to be dishonest or deceiving in anyway. I like to

travel
also, and I like to cruise, and I really see this as a service

others
could
find useful.

Appreciate your honesty. RTC only allows certain well loved, ass
kissing travel agents the opportunity to spamadvertise without
significant grief from RTC "regulars".

If you don't find it useful, you don't have to take part.

Thanks,
L.Hachey.

Good luck.

Come back anytime. At least you tell the truth. I hope you are very
successful.

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 13th, 2004, 03:34 PM
L.Hachey

That's fine, I can see your point, but don't come on here and take out your
hostilites for those sites on me. I have never taken anyone's reports
without express written consent. I ask for permission first, and if
permission is denied, I don't put it up. And the reports don't become
property of my site like on all the other trip report sites out there, they
remain the property of the member, so they CAN be removed at any time at the
request of the user, within 24 hours of written request by email.

L.Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

"CupCaked" wrote in message
"L.Hachey" wrote:

YOu are quite hostile. Is there a reason for this? Could I be taking
possible customers away from you?

I should answer this more completely, so that you understand where I'm
coming from.

In the past, I've had my own work placed on several commercial cruise
web sites without my permission or without my knowledge. It has been
extremely difficult getting them removed and dealing with some of the
site owners. Now, I regularly scan the major search engines to see if
anyone else has posted my work someplace, and I don't know about it.

I'm not a hard nose about this. I usually always give permission to
non-commercial review sites, as I believe this helps new cruisers, but
I bristle at someone making money, however much it is, off my work
without letting me know that. I post my reviews on my web site as a
convenience and a service to anyone who wants to read them. My site
is as non-commercial as you will ever see.

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 13th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Kurt Ullman

In article TvLoc.438714$Pk3.290116@pd7tw1no, "L.Hachey"
wrote:

I'm wondering..how do you earn YOUR money? Do you work in a restaurant? You
feed people and earn money for it? Oh, the humanity! Or do you work in a
hospital? You fix peoples' illnesses and charge for it? Oh the humanity!

Now, if I owned the hospital and had the nurses work for free, that would
be the same as what you are doing. You are making money off of other's sweat
and not paying them for it. Now, if they know you are getting paid going in
and they are still dumb enough to work for you for free, then all the best to
both in that transaction.

PS. No, I don't pay my contributors, all of my contributors so far have
been MORE than happy to share their reports with me, in fact they have loved
the idea of my site and of having their reports on the site where they can
send their family and friends to read it. I have never once received such a
hostile reply such as yours.

That reply was hardly hostile by the standards of polite society, let alone
the rought and tumble of USENET. Thin skinned.

"Writers even write the silences"
-J. Michael Straczynski
Old May 13th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Kathryn Ann McCormick

L.Hachey couldn't be a professional. He/She can't even get his/her web
site name right in his/her own signature.

Oh, and by the way, my reviews ARE my work, and I OWN THEM. You say all
your contributors are happy about your site. How many NON-contributors
like it?

L.Hachey wrote:

And I gave you an honest answer. This isn't peoples' "work". These are
peoples' reports. People write these reports TYPICALLY to share with others
for the means of HELPING others to plan their trips.

I'm wondering..how do you earn YOUR money? Do you work in a restaurant? You
feed people and earn money for it? Oh, the humanity! Or do you work in a
hospital? You fix peoples' illnesses and charge for it? Oh the humanity!
Get the picture? Everybody makes a living somehow, and I'm not living off
the dole, welfare, or something else. I'm working hard to earn a living by
creating a service that is worthwhile to people. Am I earning a living by
creating porn sites or by doing something illegal or immoral? No. So why
all the flack about it? Geez.

L. Hachey.
www.MyReportTrip.com

PS. No, I don't pay my contributors, all of my contributors so far have
been MORE than happy to share their reports with me, in fact they have loved
the idea of my site and of having their reports on the site where they can
send their family and friends to read it. I have never once received such a
hostile reply such as yours.

"CupCaked" wrote in message

I never said it was "bothersome" or that I was "offended." I just
wanted an honest answer about your using other peoples' work on a site
you earn money from.

Do you pay your contributors?

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

"CupCaked" wrote in message

Sorry, ignore my earlier post. You answered my question. Your site
is a commercial site.

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, I agree, this is an excellent question.

As you can see by visiting my site, a lot of time and effort has gone

into

creating and maintaining my site. I have spent close to six months

creating

it, and I do generate a very small amount of money from advertising

income.

Somewhere around $2 US a day, in fact. So I"m not getting rich! =)

Basically, I'm a mom at home with kids, just trying to make a living

while

also trying to stay home. Just like any other person. I've created a
service that I hope will benefit others, while at the same time I hope

that

perhaps I may make a few dollars from advertisers so that I can make

this

my

job. And in the end I may not. But still, the service is there for

others.

I"m not trying to be dishonest or deceiving in anyway. I like to

travel

also, and I like to cruise, and I really see this as a service others

could

find useful.

If you don't find it useful, you don't have to take part.

Thanks,
L.Hachey.

"Cruising Chrissy" wrote in message
om...

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:43:21 GMT, "L.Hachey"
wrote:

If you have any questions about me or my site, feel free to ask and

will

answer. I'm not a travel agent or anything, just so you know.

L.Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

Old May 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM
L.Hachey

I'm sure you've had a typo or two in your lifetime?

Like I said, if you don't like it, you don't have to take part.

Does cruisereviews pay for your reviews? Does cruisecritics pay for your
reviews?

Wow, flamers unite.

L.Hachey.
www.MyTripReport.com

Old May 13th, 2004, 04:00 PM
L.Hachey

Again, I always told the truth. Please be specific about how I did not tell
you the truth. I believe I was truthful from the beginning. In no way was I
misleading.

L. Hachey.

"CupCaked" wrote in message
Cruising Chrissy wrote:

Come back anytime. At least you tell the truth. I hope you are very
successful.

Once you twist her arm, she tells the truth ;-)

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 13th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Kurt Ullman

In article , karens - AT-
cupcaked-DOT-com wrote:

throw a commercial web site around. If you had any inkling about who
posts to rec.travel.cruises, you'd already know enough about me to
know how I earn my money.

"Oh, the humanity!"

He still got off light compared to the roasting in misc.writing or
alt.journalism.freelance (grin)

Old May 13th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Kathryn Ann McCormick

Once I found the right web address I found that most of her reviews were
contributed by her advertisers.

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I

apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

.. .

news:31r4a0dn5ogv3rh3dgr7438kn8jkueeu54@4ax .com...

wrote:

If you have any questions about me or my site, feel free to ask and

will

answer. I'm not a travel agent or anything, just so you know.

L.Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

Do you make money off your site?

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::. ..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on

here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I

apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

.. .

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on

here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I

apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

.. .

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on

here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I

apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

.. .

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Eileen Garland

Some people are just grouchy. Stick around rec.travel.cruises - you
aint' seen nothin' yet!

Lots of r.t.c. posters contribute lots of reviews to lots of sites -
some even commercial.

Eileen

Old May 13th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Tom & Linda

"L.Hachey" wrote in message
Thanks, Chrissy. Of course I do hope to increase my income, as does any
person who works in the world, or almost anyone who creates serviceable
website. But still at the same time I do intend to offer a service to
people. While I understand it's in everyone's nature to be suspicious and
leary these days, I'm not "the man" or "the big corporation" out there to
suck money out of everyone. I"m just the little guy, trying to earn an
honest living like everyone else, working hard trying to do that.

The problem is that the RTC charter prohibits exactly that.

Go work hard somewhere else. Not here. It's not permitted by charter.

--Tom