Guess which country is the most unfriendly to visitors?

Old November 21st, 2006, 06:39 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
sechumlib

Default Guess which country is the most unfriendly to visitors?

On 2006-11-21 09:56:31 -0500, "Ramon F Herrera" said:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:
"Ramon F Herrera" wrote:

tourists and businessmen avoid USA travel.

And what has this got to do with rec.travel.europe?

--

They call it the "web" because it is interconnected in more ways than
obvious.

Travel is travel.

Besides which, if Breathnach (or whatever) has ever noticed, a fair
number of Europeans have visited the US, and maybe still do.

Old November 21st, 2006, 06:40 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
sechumlib

On 2006-11-21 10:24:48 -0500, "SwampMidget" said:

Ramon F Herrera wrote:
SwampMidget wrote:
That's a shame. We should be more welcoming to guests of our country.
I think the first thing we should do is expel the illegal immigrants so
we have greater resources for the legal welcomed guests and there'd be
reduced crime.

The most fundamental resource, the most valuable, the most scarce
resource is the human resource.

The USA is running out of white people. It has always needed outside
blood (first the african slaves, now the mexicans who are quasi-slaves)
in order to grow and keep its standard of living.

-Ramon

Well, my ancestors fought against slavery in our Civil War. And I
certainly don't want mexicans to be quasi-slaves. That's why I want
all illegal mexicans out of this country immediately. I want you to go
back to your country and live as mexicans. Because I don't want them
to be quasi-slaves. I believe American business should hire real
American citizens and pay a real American wages.

Sound fair?

No. Not the way YOU put it.

Old November 21st, 2006, 06:41 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
sechumlib

On 2006-11-21 11:10:38 -0500, said:

Ramon F Herrera wrote:
SwampMidget wrote:
That's a shame. We should be more welcoming to guests of our country.
I think the first thing we should do is expel the illegal immigrants so
we have greater resources for the legal welcomed guests and there'd be
reduced crime.

The most fundamental resource, the most valuable, the most scarce
resource is the human resource.

The USA is running out of white people. It has always needed outside
blood (first the african slaves, now the mexicans who are quasi-slaves)
in order to grow and keep its standard of living.

-Ramon

The U.S. is running out of white people? Please provide proof of
this. If you mean they are becoming the minority in this country due
to illegal immigration and the high birth rate of Hispanics, then I
agree with you. So stop the influx of Hispanics into this country and
we won't be running out of white people then. I know we can expect
your full cooperation on this matter. Thank you for caring.

As far as our population overall, we have 300 million people in this
country now and that number is expected to double in the not too
distant future. So we are not running out of people thats for sure.

Surprise for you, Skm! Most of the Hispanics are legal.

Old November 21st, 2006, 06:42 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Mika[_1_]

On 21 Nov 2006 07:33:44 -0800, "Ramon F Herrera"
wrote:

However, as Ramon says, travel is travel. People travel from Europe as
well as to it. Personally, i would sooner travel to hell than to the USA.

Maybe somebody from the Dept. of Commerce is reading and paying
attention to us posters. The one trait I have found most admirable in
the USA is their capacity for self-criticism and the fact that they
actually fix things which are not working well.

-Ramon

The US is probably not the most unfriedly to visitors, as survey did
not include some 3rd world places. But seriously, all post-911
immigration control is something folks from the EU are not accustomed
to. I have been to the US several times in the 1980´s and 90´s, but
would not never ever again even for a second consider that as a
holiday destination. Especially now that I have two small kids... Even
a slight risk of having to line up for hours to wait for immigration
officiers not seen since the fall of East Germany would ruin my
hard-earned holiday. Hell, within the EU one doesn´t even need a
passport, and there are no customs or immigration controls (well,
theoretically customs control on Swiss and Norwagian borders, but
those are in Schengen anyway).

Mika

Haluatko lähettää postia? Vaihda osoitteen
eka (vai oliko se toka?) numero vitonen numeroksi
kahdeksan...
Old November 21st, 2006, 06:43 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
sechumlib

On 2006-11-21 10:14:22 -0500, said:

I don't like excessive cross-posting.

As I pointed out before, a helluva lot of Europeans have visited the
US. So maybe they have an interest, and maybe you should keep your
mouth shut.

Old November 21st, 2006, 06:45 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
sechumlib

On 2006-11-21 10:33:44 -0500, "Ramon F Herrera" said:

The one trait I have found most admirable in
the USA is their capacity for self-criticism and the fact that they
actually fix things which are not working well.

Except, of course, for the Dubya administration.

Old November 21st, 2006, 08:24 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
jimpgh2002

On 21 Nov 2006 06:45:05 -0800, "Ramon F Herrera"
wrote:

This is probably great news to those who are for negative economic
growth (population stabilization (*), they call it), as all those pesky
tourists and businessmen avoid USA travel.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...1_%5BFeed%5D-5

-Ramon

(*) code work for: "I don't like those brown people around here"

The article you cited also says that the USA is the 3rd most
popular destination, so it would appear that being "unfriendly" isn't
that big of a deal.
It also isn't stopping illegal immigration, is it Ramon?
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:06 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

maybe you should **** off.

Old November 21st, 2006, 10:36 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

For those interested in reading the source:
http://www.poweroftravel.org/pdf/Int...ey_Summary.pdf

A skewed study, but with some interesting and valid
questions.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/