canada to usa customs

Old August 12th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Jo

we are trying.......... have you ever tried ringing the us embassy ? In any
country ? You nearly have to get an appointment to speak to them, lol.

Joanne

"Roger B." a écrit dans le message de news:
I'd try to get hold of someone in a U.S. consular office and ask them.

"Jo" wrote...
Will be travelling from Vancouver to Seattle with the quick coach. Does
anyone know what the procedure is at customs as we have a french and
a British passport. When we asked about it at the quick coach office

they
told us if it took any extra time they would just leave us behind to get

the
next bus. As that is three hours later would not really like that to

happen.

Old August 12th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Jo

Default canada to usa customs

Any suggestions on another form of transport from Vancouver to Seattle for
$40 ? Also getting you through the whole of Seattle safely to the airport
without getting lost ? The flight connections didn't work and even if we
could rent a car the stress of driving thru Seattle is not my idea of fun.

Joanne

My past experience has been that foreign passport holders had to get off

of
the bus (this was a cruise ship transfer to Seattle) and have their
passports looked at. didn't take long but these people should know what to
expect and should give you a better answer or I would be looking at
another form of transport.

Old August 12th, 2004, 04:07 PM
PeterL

"Roger B." wrote in message
I'd try to get hold of someone in a U.S. consular office and ask them.

I don't know what the US consulate can tell the OP.

Old August 12th, 2004, 04:11 PM
My Side

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Jo" schreef in bericht
Will be travelling from Vancouver to Seattle with the quick coach. Does
anyone know what the procedure is at customs as we have a french and a
British
passport. When we asked about it at the quick coach office they told us

if
it took any extra time they would just leave us behind to get the next

bus.
As that is three hours later would not really like that to happen.

You need to come to the office, pay USD6, get a visa waiver form, fill it
in, have an interview with an officer that could be 1) short and pleasant;
or 2) (more likely) long and unpleasant, (they assume that all "aliens"

want
to live in "god's own country"), and finally they will most likely stamp
your passport and let you in. You will also have to clear customs with

your
luggage. Could be 5 minutes on a quiet day when the officer is in a good
mood, or could be 2 hours on a busy day when the officer is a Republican
that eats freedom fries.

Sjoerd

For the Quick Bus $80 you can rent a car. Eliminate the terrible Seattle
traffic by taking the I-405 Seattle by-pass that leaves I-5 a few miles
South of Everett and travels on the East side of Lake Washington thru
Bellevue. As there are two in the car use the HOV Lane on I-405 which makes
it even easier for you. Do not take the exits to re-join I-5 at the end of
I-405. Continue to travel straight and it will lead you directly to Sea-Tac
Airport. As with any airport -- drive slow so you have time to read the
signage to the U-Drive area. Allow a minimum 3 hours for the Vancouver to
Sea-Tac journey.

Be sure that you get the correct documents for the car to cross the border.

Old August 12th, 2004, 04:11 PM
My Side

"Jo" schreef in bericht

Old August 12th, 2004, 04:11 PM
My Side

"Jo" schreef in bericht

Old August 12th, 2004, 04:40 PM
PeterL

"My Side" wrote in message

For the Quick Bus $80 you can rent a car.

But it'll be a one way rental. With more than 2 passengers this may be the
more economical way to go.

Eliminate the terrible Seattle
traffic by taking the I-405 Seattle by-pass that leaves I-5 a few miles
South of Everett and travels on the East side of Lake Washington thru
Bellevue. As there are two in the car use the HOV Lane on I-405 which

makes
it even easier for you. Do not take the exits to re-join I-5 at the end

of
I-405. Continue to travel straight and it will lead you directly to

Sea-Tac
Airport. As with any airport -- drive slow so you have time to read the
signage to the U-Drive area. Allow a minimum 3 hours for the Vancouver to
Sea-Tac journey.

Be sure that you get the correct documents for the car to cross the

border.

What document would she need for the car to cross the border, besides the
rental agreement?