via Hawaii

Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:07 PM
homehelp

Default via Hawaii

I would like to know if one of the links on my site
www.freewebs.com/travel-deals ie., the one that focuses on flights to
Hawaii or Californian airports has any relevance to getting to Asia.
What I mean is, Is it better to buy a ticket all the way from the East
or Centre of North America or, as in Europe where you can get to
London and *then* start looking for deals elsewhere, it does not make
more sense to go to Hawaii (or LA, say) and then trawl through deals?
Is Honolulu a good place for this, do you think?
Also, for those living in London (where I used to live), did
lastminute.com ever take off? It was in trouble to begin with. Anyone
know??

Thanks for any advice
Old August 24th, 2004, 08:46 AM
jt

HNL usually is a horrible place for deals except for
brief periods of oversupply on certain routes. Try
to get to Australia now for less than a thousand bucks
(much cheaper to fly the much further LAX-SYD).

Old August 24th, 2004, 09:52 AM
TanQ10

I need to get to Dhaka every 6 mos and it's substantially cheaper to
fly 'backwards' to LA and then catch a direct flight to BKK or SIN,
with a connector to Dhaka. HNL-NRT-BKK-DAC costs me $1500+. I can get
LAX-SIN-DAC (or similar itinerary) for around $900 or less, using a
bucket shop that specializes in Dhaka fares. However, getting from HNL
to LAX costs me around $500, so it evens out in the end. Some good
fares are listed on http://www.pandaonline.com -- but usually what they
offer in reality is more expensive than the deals they list. HNL SUCKS
for travel deals. Even worse is departing from OGG (Maui). I would
LOVE to see more discount routes from HNL to Asia.

-T

Old August 24th, 2004, 10:31 PM
DJD

Good prices on HNL to Bkk are usually around $600 - 650. Which are not
that diff from on the mainland. In addition your flight time would be a lot
longer. It takes 5 hrs LAX to HNL and 8 hrs HNL to NRT and usually comes
with a 4 hr layover to catch a flight to BKK. You can fly from New York to
NRT in 10 hrs on a good day.
m...