Where can I get Peripel (mosquito repellent)?

Old July 19th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Steffen Hauser

Default Where can I get Peripel (mosquito repellent)?

It is mentioned and recommended in our guidebook, but I can't find a
source of supply. Can anybody help?

Thanks and regards,
-Steffen-
Old July 19th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Canopus

Steffen Hauser on 19/07/2005 wrote:

Peripel

Have you heard of Google?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...&rls=GGLD,GGLD
:2005-18,GGLD:en&q=Peripel
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Steffen Hauser

OK, that gives me one shop somewhere in South Africa. I thougth it was
maybe a more common product also available in other countries.

Old July 20th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Hans-Georg Michna

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:44:15 +0200, Steffen Hauser
wrote:

OK, that gives me one shop somewhere in South Africa. I thougth it was
maybe a more common product also available in other countries.

Steffen,

if not, and if you need something as effective as possible, just
use another product that contains DEET.

For example, in Germany a good bet is No Bite, which comes in
two variants, a pretty strong one for textiles and a gentler one
for the skin. You can also buy them in a package of both.

The stuff is available in pharmacies.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old July 20th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Canopus

wrote:

OK, that gives me one shop somewhere in South Africa. I thougth it
was maybe a more common product also available in other countries.

Steffen,

if not, and if you need something as effective as possible, just
use another product that contains DEET.

For example, in Germany a good bet is No Bite, which comes in
two variants, a pretty strong one for textiles and a gentler one
for the skin. You can also buy them in a package of both.

The stuff is available in pharmacies.

Hans-Georg

Most camping shops sell mosquito repellents containing Deet, you can
even get it neat and mix it with water yourself which is what I
do...probably the cheapest way. Only thing I found with deet is when
applied to oneself it can feel quite hot for a while which isn't to
comfortable in hot countries like Egypt when trying to get to sleep,
but, a dam sight better than lots of bites. Prolonged use is also not
recommended, not sure what prolonged use is as I've used it for six to
eight weeks with no ill effect except for growing an extra head

Rob