I would like to leave the UK

Old April 26th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Dieter Aaaa

Default I would like to leave the UK

"RAK" schreef in bericht
s.com...

"Dieter Aaaa" Dieter wrote in message

"RAK" schreef in bericht
s.com...

"Dot net work" wrote in message
om...
Hello.

I am from the UK, and wish to leave.

Could someone recommend a safe country anywhere in Asia for me to

set
up a very small online business? I would love to be somewhere

rural.

Thank you.

-dnw.

Safety is not a major issue in most places. But being able to set up

your
business legally can be a serious headeache in most places.
Doing it by entering as a tourist may work for a while, though you

will
have
to leave every couple of months (typically), and eventually you will

get
hassles.

My guess is that Malaysia is probably the best option .....

Malaysia ?
You must be joking.

Why don't you read the other thread in this ng:
"Couple holding hands arrested in Malaysia"

The OP asked for a foreigner-friendly country, don't you remember ?

I did read it. And if you read further you will find that the police say

the
couple were doing rather more than holding hands.

even then
so what ?

The issue is to be decided in court.
Admittedly there are some strict restrictions on Muslims in (parts of)
Malaysia that do not apply to non Muslims.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are
safe while the legislature is in session."
Mark Twain (1866)

But when I have been there I found it very foreigner-friendly. Have you

ever
been there? If so what problems did you have?
Roger

Why shoutd i spend one single EURO in a country with such kind of laws
even when these laws do not apply to me as a foreigner

It's insane, brutal and medivial

Apparently, you are defending islam without knowing where you are talking
about.:
http://www.bharatvani.org/books/demogislam.pdf
http://www.faithfreedom.org/
http://www.hinduunity.org/
http://www.carm.org/islam.htm
http://muslim-quotes.netfirms.com/index.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ab/jumma/

Old April 27th, 2004, 04:51 AM
Chris Blunt

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:42:17 GMT, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:29:45 GMT, the renowned "RAK"
wrote:

"Peter L" wrote in message
Please read the OP. He prefers a rural location.

Umm, yes. That is why I mentioned the Cameron Highlands. What is your point?

That would indeed be a pleasant place. What's the situation with this
sort of "subsistence business" officially? I talked to a couple of
Europeans in island Malaysia a few years ago and they found it
extremely difficult to get a work permit, even if married to a
Malaysian citizen. Of course that doesn't mean that they can't work
for themselves, and not hiring any locals, necessarily.. depending on
what their official status is. Even "retired" people often do enough
securities trading etc. to sort-of be in business for themselves.

How about Labuan? I had a friend who operated his business from there
and it suited him perfectly. As an offshore financial centre it has
low taxes and uncomplicated business rules. Rural. Good
telecommunications and other infrastructure.

Chris