Jakarta, cheap hotel very near to Plaza Indonesia.

Old July 5th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Adriano

Default Jakarta, cheap hotel very near to Plaza Indonesia.

Hello,
some time ago I have posted the same question and you have suggested
me Wisma PGI hotel at Jl. Teuku Umar 17 but you tell me it is a bit
run-down.
I will reach Jakarta among some days, can anyone suggest me also
another cheap hotel (3 stars about $30-35) very near to Plaza
Indonesia?
Thanks very much

bye Adriano
Old July 6th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Tchiowa

Adriano wrote in message . ..
Hello,
some time ago I have posted the same question and you have suggested
me Wisma PGI hotel at Jl. Teuku Umar 17 but you tell me it is a bit
run-down.
I will reach Jakarta among some days, can anyone suggest me also
another cheap hotel (3 stars about $30-35) very near to Plaza
Indonesia?
Thanks very much

You need to make up your mind. You're asking for a cheap hotel near
the center of town in a fairly expensive area but don't want to accept
"run down".

Lots of hotels in that area that aren't "run down". But you'll pay
more than $30 for most of them.
Old July 7th, 2004, 11:56 AM
RAK

"Adriano" wrote in message
Hello,
some time ago I have posted the same question and you have suggested
me Wisma PGI hotel at Jl. Teuku Umar 17 but you tell me it is a bit
run-down.
I will reach Jakarta among some days, can anyone suggest me also
another cheap hotel (3 stars about $30-35) very near to Plaza
Indonesia?
Thanks very much

bye Adriano

I dont think you will find one really close since Hotel Indonesia closed.
Why can't you stay a litle further away and go by taxi? There are some OK
hotels in Jl Wahid Hassim including 2 Ibis Hotels in your price range.
They are about 10-20 min walk away, $1 by taxi.
Anyway you can see everything in Plaza Indonesian in one visit.

Old July 7th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Adriano

Anyway you can see everything in Plaza Indonesian in one visit.

Thankx for your news.
Can you tell me if it is better to stay (for a 4 dyas) at a hotel near
Plaza Indonesia or Plaza Atrium?
thanx again

bye Adriano
Old July 8th, 2004, 09:58 AM
RAK

"Adriano" wrote in message
Anyway you can see everything in Plaza Indonesian in one visit.

Thankx for your news.
Can you tell me if it is better to stay (for a 4 dyas) at a hotel near
Plaza Indonesia or Plaza Atrium?
thanx again

I would probably stay at one of the 2 Ibis hotels on Jalan Wahid Hassim, in
between those 2 plazas.
They are 2 or 3 star hotels, French owned and run, rates around
220-350,000rp - say US$25-38
About 15 minutes walk from Plaza Indonesia, or a short taxi ride.
About 5 minutes by taxi from Plaza Atrium.

It is also very near Sarinah dept store and lots of restaurants and shops
etc.

Old July 8th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Adriano

I would probably stay at one of the 2 Ibis hotels on Jalan Wahid Hassim, in
between those 2 plazas.
They are 2 or 3 star hotels, French owned and run, rates around
220-350,000rp - say US$25-38
About 15 minutes walk from Plaza Indonesia, or a short taxi ride.
About 5 minutes by taxi from Plaza Atrium.

Hello, you have convinced me.
Can you tell me which between Ibis hotels is nearer to Plaza
Indonesia?
Do you know their email address?
thanks again

Old July 8th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Adriano

They are 2 or 3 star hotels, French owned and run, rates around
220-350,000rp - say US$25-38

Hello, I have just known there is also Arcadia Hotel in
Jalan KH Wahid Hasyim 77.
Is it one of two Ibis hotels?
thanks

bye Adriano

Old July 10th, 2004, 01:22 AM
kjetil nordbø

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:46:24 GMT, Adriano wrote:

They are 2 or 3 star hotels, French owned and run, rates around
220-350,000rp - say US$25-38

Hello, I have just known there is also Arcadia Hotel in
Jalan KH Wahid Hasyim 77.
Is it one of two Ibis hotels?
thanks

Yes. Ibis Arcadia and Ibis Tamarin is just over the street from each
other. Ibis Tamarin got a pool while Ibis Arcadia doesn't if that is
of importance. And the restaurants are a bit nicer at Ibis Tamarind.

I normally choose Ibis Arcadia if i got a choice between those two,
this since the bathrooms at Ibis Tamarind are really small. But as
said, these hotels are just over the street from each other ... so
check them out :-)

Bst rgds,
Kjetil Nordbo
Norway