URGENT!!! Cheap(ish) places to stay in Ringwood Vic area

Old February 10th, 2005, 04:02 PM
William South

Default URGENT!!! Cheap(ish) places to stay in Ringwood Vic area

Hello. I'm off to OZ tomorrow. I was planning on staying with a friend.
That's now fell through.

I've looked on the internet but can't find any small B&Bs / motels
listed.

Do you know of any in the Ringwood area (Or at least North East
Melbourne area)? All I need is a bed and a shower. (Private room a must
for security reasons)

If I have no accomodation arranged before I land in OZ will the
immigration get funny with me?

Are there any cheap motel chains? All the ones I've found on the
internet are too posh for my needs. I won't be spending much time
there, I'll be out all day everyday

Thanks in advance.

Old February 10th, 2005, 10:27 PM
David Bennetts

Hav a look at www.travelmate.com.au

There are cheaper motel chains such as Budget motels, which you can find in
the yellow pages, and some independent ones.. Some of the hostels also
offer rooms, and the older style hotels in country areas offer rooms,
although often the facilities there are down the corridor.
There are a few Formule1 hotels about also.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old February 11th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Alan S

On 10 Feb 2005 07:02:22 -0800, "William South"
wrote:

|Hello. I'm off to OZ tomorrow. I was planning on staying with a friend.
|That's now fell through.
|
|I've looked on the internet but can't find any small B&Bs / motels
|listed.
|
|Do you know of any in the Ringwood area (Or at least North East
|Melbourne area)? All I need is a bed and a shower. (Private room a must
|for security reasons)

Hi William

Specific:

http://www.ringwoodregent.com.au/

It's part of a chain:
http://www.goldenchain.com.au/
Another chain with a Ringwood listing:
http://www.budgetmotel.com.au/

Also, check out www.wotif.com.au
select "Melbourne" then "Eastern Suburbs"
in the district are (there may be others):
Victoria House Motor Inn
Nunawading Motor Inn
Ringwood Regent Motor Inn

and www.needitnow.com.au
and www.lastminute.com.au

I'd try the direct one (Ringwood Regent) first, but it's worth
checking out their price at wotif or needitnow. I've used both booking
sites in the past reliably and safely, but I haven't stayed at any of
those motels.

If you want more upmarket, the Novotel in Glen Waverley is about a 15
minute cab-ride away.

Cheers, Alan
Old February 14th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Julie

Hi William

Just one other thought. There is a caravan park in Wantirna South - very
close to Ringwood. They have cabins and that may suit you.

Julie