Travel to Munich Germany - Oktoberfest

Old September 16th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Travelfyi

Default Travel to Munich Germany - Oktoberfest

http://www.geocities.com/travelfyi/europe/munich_a.html
Travel to Munich Germany - Oktoberfest
The number one tourist event in Munich is probably the Oktoberfest.
This year, it will be held on 17th September - 3rd October 2005.

Old September 16th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Juliana L Holm

Travelfyi wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/travelfyi/europe/munich_a.html
Travel to Munich Germany - Oktoberfest
The number one tourist event in Munich is probably the Oktoberfest.
This year, it will be held on 17th September - 3rd October 2005.

Um, it starts tomorrow. I can't imagine one could actually get flights,
hotels, etc., at this point. . . .

--
Julie
**********
Old September 16th, 2005, 10:57 PM
David Bennetts

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
Travelfyi wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/travelfyi/europe/munich_a.html
Travel to Munich Germany - Oktoberfest
The number one tourist event in Munich is probably the Oktoberfest.
This year, it will be held on 17th September - 3rd October 2005.

Um, it starts tomorrow. I can't imagine one could actually get flights,
hotels, etc., at this point. . . .

--
Julie
**********
Check out the blog of my 9 week Germany adventure at
www.blurty.com/users/jholm
http://www.dragonsholm.org/travel.htm

Probably flights and hotels aren't so greatly affected by the hoards of
backpackers who flood into Munich for Oktoberfest, they'd mostly stay at
hostels and at campgrounds, and come in by bus and train. A quick check of
expedia shows plenty of hotels available for next week.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old September 17th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Juliana L Holm

Travelfyi wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/travelfyi/europe/munich_a.html
Travel to Munich Germany - Oktoberfest
The number one tourist event in Munich is probably the Oktoberfest.
This year, it will be held on 17th September - 3rd October 2005.

Um, it starts tomorrow. I can't imagine one could actually get flights,
hotels, etc., at this point. . . .

Probably flights and hotels aren't so greatly affected by the hoards of
backpackers who flood into Munich for Oktoberfest, they'd mostly stay at
hostels and at campgrounds, and come in by bus and train. A quick check of
expedia shows plenty of hotels available for next week.

Well, I'm leaving for Germany a week from Thursday, but will not go to
Oktoberfest (indeed I don't think I'll get to Munich at all this trip).

The 15th Tag der Deutschen Einheit is my draw for that first weekend of
Oktober - I'll be in Berlin.

Julie

--
Julie
**********
Old September 17th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Rups

Travelfyi wrote:

[...]

Errrmmmm, and your point is??!!!

Believe me, nobody celebrates the reunification of Germany. Why do you
want to visit Berlin to celebrate? Just curious....

Rupert
Old September 18th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Juliana L Holm

Rups wrote:
The 15th Tag der Deutschen Einheit is my draw for that first weekend of
Oktober - I'll be in Berlin.

Julie

Errrmmmm, and your point is??!!!

Believe me, nobody celebrates the reunification of Germany. Why do you
want to visit Berlin to celebrate? Just curious....

You know I've been told that, but berlin.de's calendar says otherwise:

Street party around the Brandenburger Tor. Concerts and show programme on three big stages (Brandenburger Tor, Isaak-Rabin-StraCe, ScheidemannstraCe) Saturday 2p.m.-10.30p.m., Sunday 11a.m.-10.30p.m., Monday 11a.m.-7.30p.m. Children`s programme, bicycle and wheelchair show-jumping course, barrel organ musicians and much more.

--
Julie
**********
Old September 18th, 2005, 09:34 PM
- Bobb -

I was there 2 weeks ago ...
The Brandenburg Gate area is a big construction zone on the east side.
They're putting in a subway stop. If you look at:
http://www.berlin-tourist-informatio...urger-tor.html
and look at phot #10 or #11, it doesn't look ANYTHING like that.
On the east side is a big pit surrounded with mesh fabric (with a nice
picture of what it looked like prior to construction). From there down to
.... the US/ English Embassies it is all dug up.