CDG-Paris shuttle?

Old April 2nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
Adrav

Default CDG-Paris shuttle?

Several years ago, we used an airport shuttle service
from CDG to our Paris hotel. I can't remember the name
or find any information on it, however, and wonder if anyone
here can tell me their name and - even better - what their
their experience was, would they use them again, etc.

TIA,
A.

Old April 3rd, 2005, 12:36 AM
Dave Smith

Adrav wrote:

Several years ago, we used an airport shuttle service
from CDG to our Paris hotel. I can't remember the name
or find any information on it, however, and wonder if anyone
here can tell me their name and - even better - what their
their experience was, would they use them again, etc.

I usually use the Roissey bus. You catch it at the Opera and it
takes you to the airport. The last time I was I believe it was
$48 FF, much cheaper than a taxi or shuttle.

Old April 3rd, 2005, 01:51 AM
Adrav

JuanElorza wrote:
Adrav a ecrit :
Several years ago, we used an airport shuttle service
from CDG to our Paris hotel. I can't remember the name
or find any information on it, however, and wonder if anyone
here can tell me their name and - even better - what their
their experience was, would they use them again, etc.

TIA,
A.

I find:
Aeroport Limousine Service
Chauffeur-driven car
Fixed fare Roissy Charles de Gaulle - Paris : 105 euros*
Reservations : 01 40 71 84 62

and

Paris Taxis
All destinations within Ile-de-France

But not the shuttle. Can you tell me where to find information
about it?

Merci,

A.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 01:53 AM
Adrav

Dave Smith wrote:
Adrav wrote:

Several years ago, we used an airport shuttle service
from CDG to our Paris hotel. I can't remember the name
or find any information on it, however, and wonder if anyone
here can tell me their name and - even better - what their
their experience was, would they use them again, etc.

I usually use the Roissey bus. You catch it at the Opera and it
takes you to the airport. The last time I was I believe it was
$48 FF, much cheaper than a taxi or shuttle.

I'm interested in CDG to a hotel - in the evening. I don't want
to have to take a taxi from the Opera to my hotel. In the past, I
took a shuttle (that also had 3 or 4 other passengers going to different
destinations) that dropped me at the hotel. That's what I'm looking
for.

A.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 03:00 AM
Adrav

Adrav wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:
Adrav wrote:

Several years ago, we used an airport shuttle service
from CDG to our Paris hotel. I can't remember the name
or find any information on it, however, and wonder if anyone
here can tell me their name and - even better - what their
their experience was, would they use them again, etc.

I usually use the Roissey bus. You catch it at the Opera and it
takes you to the airport. The last time I was I believe it was
$48 FF, much cheaper than a taxi or shuttle.

I'm interested in CDG to a hotel - in the evening. I don't want
to have to take a taxi from the Opera to my hotel. In the past, I
took a shuttle (that also had 3 or 4 other passengers going to different
destinations) that dropped me at the hotel. That's what I'm looking
for.

I'm responding to my own post. I found these. Any comments?
http://paris.shuttle-airport.com/
http://www.paris-airport-shuttle.com/
http://airportshuttle.france.com/

A.

Old April 3rd, 2005, 03:50 AM
Alan S

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 00:51:10 +0000 (UTC), Adrav
wrote:

|JuanElorza wrote:
| Adrav a ecrit :
| Several years ago, we used an airport shuttle service
| from CDG to our Paris hotel. I can't remember the name
| or find any information on it, however, and wonder if anyone
| here can tell me their name and - even better - what their
| their experience was, would they use them again, etc.
|
| TIA,
| A.
|

|I find:
|Aeroport Limousine Service
|Chauffeur-driven car
|Fixed fare Roissy Charles de Gaulle - Paris : 105 euros*
|Reservations : 01 40 71 84 62
|
|and
|
|Paris Taxis

A cab quoted us 40e from the 7th in '03. We took RER. In hindsight, we
should have taken the cab. The train was a bloody nightmare.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:07 AM
poldy

In article , Adrav
wrote:

ml

I find:
Aeroport Limousine Service
Chauffeur-driven car
Fixed fare Roissy Charles de Gaulle - Paris : 105 euros*
Reservations : 01 40 71 84 62

and

Paris Taxis
All destinations within Ile-de-France

But not the shuttle. Can you tell me where to find information
about it?

The shuttles you list in the other post are about as good as they get.
If you're carrying luggage, it's worth it since they will drop you off
at the hotel or place you're staying.

People say take the Roissy to L'Opera and then take the Metro. Well if
you got any good sized luggage, you don't want to lug luggage up and
down those stairs. Especially if it's hot out or wet.

Here's one shuttle that is at 20 Euro for one person, less if there are
more than one person in your party.

You may want to tip the driver if he helps load and unload the luggage.