Delta MD-88

Old August 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

Default seat pitch, was Delta MD-88

I can't compare with Southwest, but I've just completed a return trip
on Delta using their workhorse, MD-88. It was quite generous in terms
of leg space; much more of it than in Delta 737's.

Was it by any chance on the BOS-LGA-DCA shuttle? According to the usually
reliable SeatGuru, the MD-88s on the shuttle have generous 34" pitch, but
the mainline ones are awful, 30-31".

I am fairly tall and find that seat pitch is the most important
criterion for coach comfort. Coach seats on US airlines varies from
30" to as much as 36", not even counting exit and bulkhead rows. It's
worth checking to see what you'll be on.

Old August 26th, 2007, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Aug 26, 11:14 am, (John L) wrote:
Was it by any chance on the BOS-LGA-DCA shuttle? According to the usually
reliable SeatGuru, the MD-88s on the shuttle have generous 34" pitch, but
the mainline ones are awful, 30-31".

I am fairly tall and find that seat pitch is the most important
criterion for coach comfort. Coach seats on US airlines varies from
30" to as much as 36", not even counting exit and bulkhead rows. It's
worth checking to see what you'll be on.

No, it wasn't Delta Shuttle. A regular MD88 on the ATL-BOS stretch one
way, and another one between BOS and TPA. I would say, the pitch was
about 33-34". I feel squeezed when it is 30-31".

jrk

Old August 27th, 2007, 04:56 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Blake S

Default Delta MD-88

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 26, 1:15?am, Shawn Hirn wrote:They are all
the same. You board the plane, put your carry-on itemsaway, and
hopefully reach your destination on time and safely. Upon arrival, you
collect your carry-on items and exit the plane. I have yet to have a
different experience in flying a few times a year since I first flew
on a commercial jet
37 years ago.

I have had pretty good luck with 757 -200's
and the Economy Plus sections of United.
As for all planes are the same....umm no!
But thanks for your comments!

The overhead bin space is a little less in the MD-80s. I can't fit my
rollerboard in those bins, but can fit it in the 737s.

Old August 27th, 2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

On Aug 27, 10:56 am, "Blake S" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Aug 26, 1:15?am, Shawn Hirn wrote:They are all
the same. You board the plane, put your carry-on itemsaway, and
hopefully reach your destination on time and safely. Upon arrival, you
collect your carry-on items and exit the plane. I have yet to have a
different experience in flying a few times a year since I first flew
on a commercial jet
37 years ago.

I have had pretty good luck with 757 -200's
and the Economy Plus sections of United.
As for all planes are the same....umm no!
But thanks for your comments!

The overhead bin space is a little less in the MD-80s. I can't fit my
rollerboard in those bins, but can fit it in the 737s.

I beleive they're deeper on the 3 side. It should fit there.