Costa Cruise Lines - Victoria in the Western Mediterranean

Old January 7th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Tom

Default Costa Cruise Lines - Victoria in the Western Mediterranean

I went on a Costa Cruise in the Western Mediterranean on the Costa
Victoria October 26, 2003. The ship left from outside of Rome. I
really didn't read much that was positive about Costa but I really
liked the ports so I signed up anyway. Given that I didn't expect
much, I was plesantly surprised! The food was not excellent but very
good. Other than differences between European type meals and American
type meals it was above average (Hard to get iced tea or lemonade to
drink for one thing). Wine at dinner was very reasonable, however.
Costa picks up and drops off passengers at every port so checking in
was unbelievably easy. No lines, we got right on and then right off
at the end. I had read so much about smokers filling the ship up with
a fog of smoke and that isn't true; now anyway. I hate smoke and I
really didn't notice it at all even though most Europeans do smoke.
The ship only had several hundred English speakers. I also heard that
the ship would constantly blast announcements in 5 languages. Not
true anymore. They do a great job of providing newsletters every
evening in your language. The newsletters tell you everything you
need to know. I heard almost no announcements. I was a little
concerned about the cost of the excusions because I hadn't seen any
pricing. We went on an excursion every day and they were every
reasonable. In my past experience the shows on a cruise are usually
not worth sitting through but I was surprised to find that all of the
shows were entertaining. Don't expect a Vagas show but they were
entertaining. We didn't get out much in the clubs and Discos. With
so many languages and countries represented, Costa does a good job of
trying to have something going for everyone. I don't think the Disco
opened until midnight and with the excusions leaving early I didn't
hang out there much. My favorite excursions were in Montserrat and
Palma De Mallorca, Spain. My least favorite was Avignon, France. I
highly recommend going in late October. The weather was nice and
there were no crowds at the tourist sites. We were told just weeks
before you couldn't get into some of the museums. I will go on a
Costa Cruise again!
Old January 7th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Susette405

Thanks for the review, after sending several folks and they came back
complaining its nice to hear a honest review that was positive about Costa!
THANKS!

Sue
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 04Dec04 Jewel of the Seas!
Check out our website: www.cruiseoutlets.com