UK - US flight and US internal flights

Old October 2nd, 2003, 12:02 AM
BAH

Default UK - US flight and US internal flights

As an internet-travel-booking-novice I would appreciate some suggestions on
how to go about booking both UK - US return flight and internal US flights.

Early December, four of us need to travel to New York, on to Tampa, then
North Carolina and maybe Buffalo before returning via New York after 10 - 14
days.

Is it best doing it all with the same airline? Any carrier recommended? Or
should I let some agent (eg: Airline Network?) take the strain and do it
for me?

Similarly, any tips on booking (3*?) hotels at these places please?

I guess this all sounds elementary to seasoned keyboard travellers, but we
all have to start somewhere........!

Thanks

Old October 2nd, 2003, 02:57 AM
Miguel Cruz

BAH wrote:
Early December, four of us need to travel to New York, on to Tampa, then
North Carolina and maybe Buffalo before returning via New York after 10 - 14
days.

Southwest does Tampa, North Carolina, and Buffalo. Jetblue does NYC-Tampa
and Buffalo-NYC.

Both of these sell cheap one-way tickets, so for a trip like yours it may be
the best combination.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 08:10 AM
Keith Willshaw

"BAH" wrote in message
As an internet-travel-booking-novice I would appreciate some suggestions

on
how to go about booking both UK - US return flight and internal US

flights.

Early December, four of us need to travel to New York, on to Tampa, then
North Carolina and maybe Buffalo before returning via New York after 10 -

14
days.

Is it best doing it all with the same airline? Any carrier recommended?

Or
should I let some agent (eg: Airline Network?) take the strain and do it
for me?

Similarly, any tips on booking (3*?) hotels at these places please?

I guess this all sounds elementary to seasoned keyboard travellers, but we
all have to start somewhere........!

At the very least get some prices from a reputable travel agent
as a sanity check. Personally I usually book my flights to the US
and my internal flights with trailfinders

www.trailfinders.com

Keith

Old October 7th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Sandy

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"BAH" wrote in message
[...]

We used Jetblue when we went to USA for internal flights. Good, cheap air
transport. Always on time.
www.jetblue.com

Old October 7th, 2003, 03:58 PM

"BAH" wrote in message
[...]

For the UK-US leg try all of the following for price comparisons

www.airnet.co.uk
www.ebookers.com
www.opodo.co.uk
www.a2btravel.co.uk
www.majortravel.co.uk

I usually book with the cheapest of the above - and there can be quite
a difference between them.

Once you decide on a booking, they may be able to help with the
internal flights at a favourable price.

Gary

Old October 12th, 2003, 11:10 AM
A.T

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 23:02:21 GMT, "BAH"
wrote:

As an internet-travel-booking-novice I would appreciate some suggestions on
how to go about booking both UK - US return flight and internal US flights.

Early December, four of us need to travel to New York, on to Tampa, then
North Carolina and maybe Buffalo before returning via New York after 10 - 14
days.

Is it best doing it all with the same airline? Any carrier recommended? Or
should I let some agent (eg: Airline Network?) take the strain and do it
for me?

Hi

Personally, I would recommend Trailfinders - I have no connection
whatever with them other than as a customer.

To give an example of their "expertise", a few years ago, we booked
the following flights through them - into LAX, then an internal flight
from San Francisco to Albuquerque (we drove up the coast to SF) and
eventually home to the UK from Albuquerque.

We were quoted all sorts of horrendous fares by other companies for
the internal flight from San Francisco to Albuquerque; however with
Trailfinders, the internal flight was FREE - yes, no charge; They
treated the whole itinerary as an open jaw flight into LAX and out of
San Francisco with a free (2 week) stopover in Albuquerque. I pointed
out that the flight back to the UK from San Francisco didn't go
anywhere near Albuquerque, but they just said, "We realize that, but
it is no problem to route you that way - and you can have a free
stopover en route."

I doubt such helpful service could be achieved online and I doubt that
it would be any cheaper.

Incidentally, on that trip I tried to book a hotel in San Francisco
online - contacting the hotel directly by email. They replied that
they had no vacancies for the nights we wanted but if they had, the
cost would have been around £140 per night (converting from $ to £).

Trailfinders got me the same hotel for the same nights at £70 per
night, so they obviously have block bookings and pass the savings on
to the customer.

Regards

KGB

My email address needs "altering" before use
Old October 12th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Keith Willshaw

kokopelli (A.T) u (D.O.T) genie (D.O.T) co (D.O.T) uk (KGB) wrote in
message ...
wrote:

As an internet-travel-booking-novice I would appreciate some suggestions

on
how to go about booking both UK - US return flight and internal US

flights.

Early December, four of us need to travel to New York, on to Tampa, then
North Carolina and maybe Buffalo before returning via New York after 10 -

14
days.

Is it best doing it all with the same airline? Any carrier recommended?

Or
should I let some agent (eg: Airline Network?) take the strain and do it
for me?

Hi

Personally, I would recommend Trailfinders - I have no connection
whatever with them other than as a customer.

I'd second that and add another reason

In June I made a trip to the US which involved a number of
internal flights, there was a aproblem with the E-ticket on
one of them and Trailfinders sorted it out over the phone
with the gate agent by re-issuing the ticket there and then.

Keith

Old October 12th, 2003, 09:40 PM
SP Cook

"BAH" wrote in message

As an internet-travel-booking-novice I would appreciate some suggestions on
how to go about booking both UK - US return flight and internal US flights.

Early December, four of us need to travel to New York, on to Tampa, then
North Carolina and maybe Buffalo before returning via New York after 10 - 14
days.

Is it best doing it all with the same airline? Any carrier recommended? Or
should I let some agent (eg: Airline Network?) take the strain and do it
for me?

IMHO,

If you mean that you are going to fly London-New York, stay a few
days; then fly New York-Tampa, stay a few days; then fly Tampa-North
Carolina (which is a state, not a city and about 440 miles long by 150
miles wide, with several major cities, stay a few days; then North
Carolina-Buffalo and then Buffalo-New York, then New York-London, then
what you have there is a series of one-way flights. One way flights
cost more than round trips (don't know why).

You could book it as one long flight, but I doubt you will find
savings that way, or convienent flights.

I strongly recomend you figure out what you realy want to do, and also
consider cars for some of your trip.