Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFL certificate?

Old January 11th, 2006, 01:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFL certificate?

flyingdutchman writes:

Thank you very much for the replies so far. I will take a look at the
eslcafe and see whats out there.. It doesnt have to pay that well as
long as i could afford food and shelter and some spending money that is
good for me.

It may not be enough to pay for food and shelter. Many ESL teachers
have other sources of income because teaching alone doesn't pay well
enough to live on.

Old January 11th, 2006, 01:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin writes:

So what do you do it for?

I have no other options.

Old January 11th, 2006, 01:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin writes:

He takes very good photos, unfortunately so do many other people.

It is notoriously difficult to make money in any of the fine arts. As
you point out, supply exceeds demand, and talent isn't really that
rare.

Old January 11th, 2006, 01:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Martin :

So what do you do it for?

He can't do anything else.

He takes very good photos, unfortunately so do many other people.

Yep, he does at that.
Unless they're sunsets.
--
Tim C.
Old January 11th, 2006, 01:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic :

It may not be enough to pay for food and shelter. Many ESL teachers
have other sources of income because teaching alone doesn't pay well
enough to live on.

How do they find the time?
--
Tim C.
Old January 11th, 2006, 01:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic :

... and talent isn't really that rare.

It is where me and photos are concerned. :-(
My photos are rubbish, however hard I try.
--
Tim C.
Old January 11th, 2006, 01:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic :

Martin writes:

So what do you do it for?

I have no other options.

We've been here before, I think.
--
Tim C.
Old January 11th, 2006, 01:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Mxsmanic wrote:

Runge writes:

Teaching is a vocation, not a good pay job.

Teaching is charity work.

It depends how much you get paid.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old January 11th, 2006, 01:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Tim C. writes:

How do they find the time?

The source of income is usually a working partner.

Old January 11th, 2006, 01:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy writes:

It depends how much you get paid.

Perhaps, but there is no such thing as a well-paid teaching job.