SYDNEY / PERTH / MELBOURNE - PHOTO TIPS

Old December 17th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Michele F.

Default SYDNEY / PERTH / MELBOURNE - PHOTO TIPS

Hi everybody,

this is Michele from ITaly.

I'm a freelance photographer going to OZ in January for a month...

I'd like to know if anyone has any tips about locations for shooting
good pictures of the skyline of the cities in the subject.

Parks, hills or something else, any good viewpoint.

Any photo tips will be highly appreciated.

for those interested in seeing some of my work:

www.michelefalzone.net

Thanks a lot!

Michele

Old December 18th, 2003, 07:37 PM
Denis Heirendt

Hi Michele,

You might like to have a look at my Australia page, Perth from Kings
Park and Sydney from Harbour Bridge Pylon.

Ciao
Denis

Travel pictures, links and stuff
http://www.hdenis.com

Old December 19th, 2003, 05:41 AM
st

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:44:00 +0100, "Michele F."
wrote:

Hi everybody,

this is Michele from ITaly.

I'm a freelance photographer going to OZ in January for a month...

I'd like to know if anyone has any tips about locations for shooting
good pictures of the skyline of the cities in the subject.

Parks, hills or something else, any good viewpoint.

Any photo tips will be highly appreciated.

for those interested in seeing some of my work:

www.michelefalzone.net

Thanks a lot!

Michele

Melbourne:
Walk down the Yarra river (at night especially) from Richmond train
station for good views of the city skyline over the river. Sit on the
Shrine for a view up St. Kilda Rd to Swanston St and the city.. Take
some sort of transport over the Bolte Bridge at night for an
astonishing view of the city skyline - you can't get out though,
unfortunately - its a freeway.

Old December 19th, 2003, 04:04 PM
PRG

Michele,

When I was in Sydney, I took some night pictures of the skyline, opera
house and harbor bridge from the top of the Old Sydney Holiday Inn in
the Rocks part of Sydney. Centrepoint Tower is another good place. I
haven't been to Melbourne yet and I remember a nice view of Perth from
the Kahunu (sp?) Wildlife Park outside the city.

Old December 26th, 2003, 01:41 PM
RRobin9804

I'd like to know if anyone has any tips about locations for shooting
good pictures of the skyline of the cities in the subject.

Hi Michele,

I have some suggestions for Sydney.

Taronga Park Zoo is a magnificent vantage point for pictures of the Sydney
skyline. The Pylon Lookout on the Harbour Bridge will give you nice close up
shots of the downtown skyline, the Opera House and the Harbour. The classic
view of the Opera House with Harbour Bridge as backdrop can be seen from Lady
Macquarie's Point in the Botanic Gardens. Another good spot for photography is
the Sydney Observatory in the Rocks area.

Ralph R, CT, USA
Old December 29th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Johnnie5

Michele

put a message in aus.photo and i am sure there will be plenty of suggestions
here

they also tend to get together every now and again for a group outing so
possibly you could arrange something for when you are there