My cruise has disappeared!

Old September 8th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default My cruise has disappeared!

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:20:26 GMT, "Ammonium"
wrote:

I called Celebrity this morning after their 24/7 call center opened up at
8:30 edt, and I was told that the cruise still exists and has just sold out.

Hi,

As you discovered neither Royal Caribbean or Celebrity have 24-hour
call centers. OTOH, Carnival Cruises does have 24-hour call centers
but not the other Carnival brands. Cruise lines often take sold out
sailings out of their public displays. I am glad it worked out for
you. ;+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old September 8th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Brian K

On 09/08/2004 12:33 PM Ray Goldenberg scrawled with a big red tube of
lipstick:

wrote:

I called Celebrity this morning after their 24/7 call center opened up at
8:30 edt, and I was told that the cruise still exists and has just sold out.

Hi,

As you discovered neither Royal Caribbean or Celebrity have 24-hour
call centers. OTOH, Carnival Cruises does have 24-hour call centers
but not the other Carnival brands. Cruise lines often take sold out
sailings out of their public displays. I am glad it worked out for
you. ;+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

I'm not that familiar with the other cruise lines, but on HAL they have
special pages for guests who have already booked a cruise. To gain
entry you have to key in your booking number and some other
information. Then you can see updates to your itinerary if any and book
excursions or request special services.

Am I mistaken in thinking that other cruise lines offer similar to their
guests?

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old September 8th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 20:38:35 GMT, Brian K
wrote:

Am I mistaken in thinking that other cruise lines offer similar to their
guests?

Hi Brian,

You are correct. Many of the major cruise brands offer on-line
access.

Old September 8th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Dick Goldhaber

At least on their website HAL appears to mark categories "closed" on sold
out cruises and then doubles or triples the listed prices to reinforce the
point.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old September 9th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Jeff Coudriet

That's correct -- on Celebrity, if the original poster has her booking
ID number she can go register on the Celebrity web site, fill in her
documentation, book excursions, etc.

Jeff

Old September 9th, 2004, 07:36 AM
JLP20

I called Celebrity this morning after their 24/7 call center opened up at
8:30 edt

Never said to contact the call center, which most likley is out sourced to a
company working out of a warehouse in Ohio.

If I was as worried as you appeared in your post, I would have called the main
office, where ever it is. They ARE open 24/7.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20