Check this out! City At Sea!

Old September 7th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Default Check this out! City At Sea!

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:57:15 GMT, SAM wrote:

I heard about this and finally found the website for it... this is where I
want to retire, check out the global path it will take! Awesome concept!

http://www.freedomship.com/

I can't wait to get an apartment on this!

No pot smoking will be allowed.

Old September 8th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Tom & Linda

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:57:15 GMT, "SAM" wrote:

I heard about this and finally found the website for it... this is where

want to retire, check out the global path it will take! Awesome concept!

Hi Sam,

This has been around for many years. There are not any plans to
actually build it.

Though they WILL be happy to take any investor dollars which people would
like to send.

--Tom

Old September 8th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On 7 Sep 2004 21:23:31 -0500, Earl wrote:

But to bring you to the "real" world.

There does exist a traveling "condo" ship.
(World of ResidenSea) that has been built and is operating. A
sister ship is under plans/in construction.

Hi,

You are correct that the World of ResidenSea exists. I have been on
her several times as well as my clients. Since she was a financial
disaster, it remains to be seen whether another one is ever built.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old September 8th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Earl

Ray Goldenberg wrote in
:

On 7 Sep 2004 21:23:31 -0500, Earl wrote:

But to bring you to the "real" world.

There does exist a traveling "condo" ship.
(World of ResidenSea) that has been built and is operating.
A sister ship is under plans/in construction.

Hi,

You are correct that the World of ResidenSea exists. I have
been on her several times as well as my clients. Since she
was a financial disaster, it remains to be seen whether
another one is ever built.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

That does not correspond to what I read.

IIRC shortly after she went to sea, the Norwegians involved
announced a second ship in construction.

Could be misinfo but what is a sea story among clients.

(could you point me to a economic analysis?)
Old September 8th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 8 Sep 2004 03:33:33 -0500, Earl wrote:

(could you point me to a economic analysis?) of the Residensea?

The economic model made sense...on paper. In practice, too many guests
****ed off the owners who bought it lock, stock and hull.

Old September 9th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Earl

Chrissy Cruiser wrote in
:

On 8 Sep 2004 03:33:33 -0500, Earl wrote:

(could you point me to a economic analysis?) of the
Residensea?

The economic model made sense...on paper. In practice, too
many guests ****ed off the owners who bought it lock, stock
and hull.

So you are saying that the condos used as tourist sites were a
pain so the condo owners purchased the ownership of the ship
from the builders (which I saw).

Sounds like the condo did not want to be a hotel; nothing that
says that the "real estate" project was a failure.

The prospects for building a second condo are still there. Just
keep the low rent crowd off the decks.