a bit off topic...aussie bank machines

Old June 5th, 2006, 07:36 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default a bit off topic...aussie bank machines

"Kerry" wrote in message

"Ken Pisichko" wrote in message
I suppose that means ATM access is on the RHS of the vehicle, eh?

Ken

Sorry mate, you picked on one thing that we don't have here in Oz and
that's drive-in ATM machines. There's drive in Maccas and Burger King but
I can't remember ever seeing a bank with a drive-in teller machine. So I
hate to say this, but you'll have to park and get out of your car to get
cash.

Cheers

Kerry

Just go to a drive-in liquor outlet (a "bottle-shop") and get cash-out then.

Old June 5th, 2006, 10:55 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

ANZ, Clayton Rd Clayton Vic

--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again

_

Old June 5th, 2006, 01:14 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Peter Webb wrote:

Assuming this is a serious question, "pavement" in Australia means almost
exclusively paved sidewalks. (And "sidewalks" are in fact footpaths, and
pavement is tarmac, and gasoline is petrol).

But at least we don't speak bloody frog here.

But you do have toads - and a bloody lot of them too (especially those that have
been squashed by cars on the roadway). But then my zoology friends tell me that
frogs are not toads - vive la difference!

No matter, being able to understand and speak more than one language is a sign
of some degree of intellect (note this does not imply moral/intellectual
superiority).

No matter, I will be in AU from July 3rd until September 3rd (in NT and
Queensland mainly), and will remember to drive on the "roadway" and not on the
"pavement". Thanks for the language clarification ;-)

Ken
Canada

Old June 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Frank Slootweg wrote:

Perhaps you guys should close your border and go back to the mother
tongue? Apparently the influence from your 'neighbours' is all but
positive! :-)

You don't realize how many folks agree with your suggestion - especially the USA
isolationists ;-)

Old June 6th, 2006, 12:43 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

"Kerry" wrote in message
Sorry mate, you picked on one thing that we don't have here in Oz and
that's drive-in ATM machines. There's drive in Maccas and Burger King but
I can't remember ever seeing a bank with a drive-in teller machine. So I
hate to say this, but you'll have to park and get out of your car to get
cash.

Cheers

Kerry

They may not be so common in Oz, but they certainly exist. I don't use them
myself, but I can think of three locations in the Wollongong/Shellharbour
region alone. I thought somebody might have compiled a definitive list, but
10 seconds on Google didn't find it for me so I gave up. Perhaps somebody
knows of a link?

Dave Campbell

Old July 27th, 2006, 06:08 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Ian S......

"Kerry" wrote in message

"Ken Pisichko" wrote in message
I suppose that means ATM access is on the RHS of the vehicle, eh?

Ken

Sorry mate, you picked on one thing that we don't have here in Oz and
that's drive-in ATM machines. There's drive in Maccas and Burger King but
I can't remember ever seeing a bank with a drive-in teller machine. So I
hate to say this, but you'll have to park and get out of your car to get
cash.

Cheers

Kerry

Rubbish! Most morning radio news reports involve vehicles driving in to
withdraw ATM's every day.
By the way there is no such thing as an ATM machine. Think about it.