Greece travelogue

Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Greece travelogue

On 22 jun, 11:20, Tim C. wrote:
Following up to Martin :

and maybe even find the beach immediately in front of his hotel.

:-)

Before my first visit to Greece I bought amongst other guide books the Blue
Guide to Greece and read it. I also re-read Ulysses and The Iliad

I read Homer before my first island-hopping trip. It really helped with the
sense of awe and appreciation of the relics.

.... and not just that, but also the description of nature - the "wine-
dark sea" - to know that what you see from your ferry is what he
described !!

B;

Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:20 PM posted to alt.travel.greece,rec.travel.europe
Rog'

"Tim C." wrote:
You go for the "culture," not the sights.

That is one of the sillier statements I've read.
Maybe /you/ do, but we all travel with different objectives.

Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:36 PM posted to alt.travel.greece,rec.travel.europe
Marianne Kristiansen

"Rog'" skrev i melding
"Tim C." wrote:
You go for the "culture," not the sights.

That is one of the sillier statements I've read.
Maybe /you/ do, but we all travel with different objectives.

I think he was "talking to" me, so I didn't find it silly at all.

--
Marianne

Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:39 PM posted to alt.travel.greece,rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Following up to "Rog'" :

"Tim C." wrote:
You go for the "culture," not the sights.

That is one of the sillier statements I've read.
Maybe /you/ do, but we all travel with different objectives.

In the context of Marianne's post I don't think so.
--
Tim C.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 02:07 PM posted to alt.travel.greece,rec.travel.europe
George Ninos

O/H Tim C. *γραψε:
Following up to "Rog'" :

"Tim C." wrote:
You go for the "culture," not the sights.

That is one of the sillier statements I've read.
Maybe /you/ do, but we all travel with different objectives.

In the context of Marianne's post I don't think so.

hush guys
its summer
you have to be as cool as you can
Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:34 PM posted to alt.travel.greece,rec.travel.europe
Mustafa Sandal

On 22 Jun, 17:31, Magda mags@de wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:04:35 +0200, in rec.travel.europe, Tim C.
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Following up to :
... Greece is not at theme park with attractions accessible to the drop-in
... vistor and refreshments available at every turn. Some homework is
... required.
... I think Alfred would like it to be though.

I'm abso****inglutely sure!

bet he's got some good fotos tho ;-)

Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article ,
lid says...

The beach in Methoni is hard trampled earth.

Sorry I meant one of the beaches after Methoni, approx. 1km before the
next village.
--

Alfred Molon
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:17 PM posted to alt.travel.greece,rec.travel.europe
Mustafa Sandal

On 22 Jun, 20:58, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
says...

Greece is not at theme park with attractions accessible to the drop-in
vistor and refreshments available at every turn. Some homework is
required.

I think Alfred would like it to be though.

No
--

Alfred Molonhttp://www.molon.de- Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe

we rilly wanna c those fotos!