NCL selling ships

Old April 13th, 2008, 01:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default NCL selling ships

NCL is close to announcing that they are selling the Norwegian Dream,
Norwegian Wind and the Pride of Aloha.

The former Dreamward and Windward were very popular ships that were
stretched. They were quickly out of date and fashion in the era of mega
ships. They are now the oldest ships in the NCL fleet. The Pride of Aloha
was a cobble job made from a Costa hull bought at a bankruptcy sale and
christened as the Norwegian Sky. It went through a conversion for Freestyle
dining... than another to convert to the Pride of Aloha. It was a ship that
never had it's own identity. It never became a popular ship.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

May 12, 2008 - 5 nt New Orleans http://www.cruisemaster.com/fantasy.htm
October 26, 2008 Sleazy 5 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy5.htm
Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentine http://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm

Old April 13th, 2008, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"George Leppla" wrote:

NCL is close to announcing that they are selling the Norwegian Dream,
Norwegian Wind and the Pride of Aloha.

The former Dreamward and Windward were very popular ships that were
stretched. They were quickly out of date and fashion in the era of mega
ships.

Hmm. I just got an e-mail that the 2009 Cayamo sailing (a music
cruise with Lyle Lovett, Shawn Colvin, John Hiatt, Patty Griffin, Buddy
Miller.. that we'll probably attend in 10) is sailing on the Dream. The
family went on it when it was still the Dreamward on our first cruise.
Old April 13th, 2008, 01:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"George Leppla" wrote:

NCL is close to announcing that they are selling the Norwegian Dream,
Norwegian Wind and the Pride of Aloha.

The former Dreamward and Windward were very popular ships that were
stretched. They were quickly out of date and fashion in the era of mega
ships.

Hmm. I just got an e-mail that the 2009 Cayamo sailing (a music
cruise with Lyle Lovett, Shawn Colvin, John Hiatt, Patty Griffin, Buddy
Miller.. that we'll probably attend in 10) is sailing on the Dream. The
family went on it when it was still the Dreamward on our first cruise.

I sailed on the Dreamward before the stretch and the Norwegian Wind after
the stretch. I liked the original version better.

And NCL will continue to promote both ships until they make the
announcement. They know that they can move established bookings to other
ships and lose only a percentage of them so it is in their best interest to
keep selling.

Old April 13th, 2008, 03:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

http://www.lloydslist.com/ll/news/nc...263 9E66C6268
Old April 13th, 2008, 10:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

This may just have something to do with Apollo's planned IPO, to shore
up the bottom line:

Apollo Management Files for Public Offering
Published on: April 11, 2008 --

Apollo Management, the company that owns part or all of several cruise
lines, is planning an initial public offering. The company plans to
offer almost 30 million shares, valued at about $417.5 million,
according to a report by Reuters. Apollo's stock is trading at about
$14 in a private Goldman Sachs exchange, down from $24 a share last
August, Reuters reported. The move comes during a credit crunch, which
has hindered the success of IPOs in recent months. Apollo owns
Prestige Cruise Holdings, which in turn owns Oceania Cruises and
Regent Seven Seas. It also owns half of NCL Corp.
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Apr 13, 7:09*pm, Brian K wrote:

Has a cruise ship ever been listed on E-bay? 8-)

I don't think so ... But the sister ship to the Andrea Gail ... The
ship featured in The Perfect Storm ... The Hannah Boden was ... It
was in Europe somewhere needing repairs ... but the value was the
billfish permit that went with it ... The ship used in the movie as
the Andrea Gail I believe also was sold on EBay ...
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

On Apr 13, 7:09 pm, Brian K wrote:

Has a cruise ship ever been listed on E-bay? 8-)

Ships of various design and purpose get listed from time to time but I
haven't seen anything like the cruise ships we are familiar with.
Old April 15th, 2008, 01:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
PETE

What about NCL Majesty being sold??