Mistaken Spanish speeding ticket

Old December 16th, 2008, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

Default Mistaken Spanish speeding ticket

I've received a speeding ticket for driving a Seat Ibiza too fast
near Cordoba. However, I've never driven in Spain, I've never driven
Seat Ibiza anywhere, and, at the time of the crime, I was at work
2900km from Cordoba.

So what do I do? Obviously I'm not going to pay, but I would also
like to get the ticket erased, so it don't come back to haunt me
later.
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:11:04 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Jesper Lauridsen:

I've received a speeding ticket for driving a Seat Ibiza too fast
near Cordoba. However, I've never driven in Spain, I've never driven
Seat Ibiza anywhere, and, at the time of the crime, I was at work
2900km from Cordoba.

So what do I do?

Write them a short letter quoting that it wasn't you driving. Offer to give
witnesses that can tell you've been 2900 km away.

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago in Holland - got a
speeding ticket, but with the wrong date on it (on the day it said in the
ticket I was at work in Germany). So I wrote them that it wasn't me, it
took a few weeks and I got a letter in dutch from the local court, where
they told me they dropped their charges.

Obviously I'm not going to pay, but I would also
like to get the ticket erased, so it don't come back to haunt me
later.

Invest a few pennies in a stamp and tell them it wasn't you driving.

Regards,

Frank
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:01 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Jesper Lauridsen says...
I've received a speeding ticket for driving a Seat Ibiza too fast
near Cordoba. However, I've never driven in Spain, I've never driven
Seat Ibiza anywhere, and, at the time of the crime, I was at work
2900km from Cordoba.

So what do I do? Obviously I'm not going to pay, but I would also
like to get the ticket erased, so it don't come back to haunt me
later.

How did they get your name?
--

Alfred Molon
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_4_]

Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
I've received a speeding ticket for driving a Seat Ibiza too fast
near Cordoba. However, I've never driven in Spain, I've never driven
Seat Ibiza anywhere, and, at the time of the crime, I was at work
2900km from Cordoba.

So what do I do? Obviously I'm not going to pay, but I would also
like to get the ticket erased, so it don't come back to haunt me
later.

The only way this can happen is if the owner of the vehicle passed
your name on to the police as being the driver.
Somewhere on the citation should be the registration number of the
vehicle, and the name of the registered owner of the vehicle.
A car rental company? If so, why did they pass on your name?

T.

Old December 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PatTX[_2_]

:: It's a scam.
:: --
::
:: Martin

Okay, so tell us how he benefits.....

Old December 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Crisis what crisis

On 16 Dec, 16:39, "PatTX" wrote:
:: It's a scam.
:: --
::
:: Martin

Okay, so tell us how he benefits.....

he gets people all around the world to put fingers to
keyboards......d'oh
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:39:34 -0600, PatTX wrote in post :
:

:: It's a scam.
:: --
::
:: Martin

Okay, so tell us how he benefits.....

He gets to not pay a speeding fine?
--
Tim C.
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Clarkoo

On Dec 15, 7:11*pm, Jesper Lauridsen
wrote:
I've received a speeding ticket for driving a Seat Ibiza too fast
near Cordoba. However, I've never driven in Spain, I've never driven
Seat Ibiza anywhere, and, at the time of the crime, I was at work
2900km from Cordoba.

So what do I do? Obviously I'm not going to pay, but I would also
like to get the ticket erased, so it don't come back to haunt me
later.

Expect a commando of Spanish special forces to grab you, sit you in an
Iberia flight to Spain and put you in front of a judge. The Spanish
Inquisition is onto you buddy. Good luck amigo.

Old December 16th, 2008, 06:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:24:25 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:09:55 +0100, "Tim C." wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:39:34 -0600, PatTX wrote in post :
:

:: It's a scam.
:: --
::
:: Martin

Okay, so tell us how he benefits.....

He gets to not pay a speeding fine?

The whole thing is a sham.
The bank account number belongs to the scammer.

http://www.ecademy.com/node.php?id=28962

1) Jesper said that he didn't go to Spain

2) Even if you do, How do the get your address (and know that you had a car
whilst there)?

tim

Old December 16th, 2008, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Maurice ON4BAM

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:40:01 -0000, "tim....."
wrote:

2) Even if you do, How do the get your address (and know that you had a car
whilst there)?

a: phonebook?
b: They don't (as the OP wasn't even in Spain)

Bye Maurice
--
Hamradio: ON4BAM / M0CIL / 9H3Z http://www.on4bam.com/
Travelogues and Amateur radio