Enchantment of the Seas was in Storm!

Old September 8th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Dillon Pyron

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:12:54 -0400, Howie

HoTShoT wrote:

My friend just got back off the Enchantment of the Seas which ported
9/6/2004 at 8:00am. I am appalled that the captain took the ship 9 miles off
Keywest during the storm and exposing passengers and crew to 20 ft waves and
a rocking boat. Passengers were throwing up in the elevators and are
furious.

It is all part of the cruising experience. It couldn't have been that bad on
ship that size with 20 foot waves. In 1997 we hit 33 foot waves (according to
the Captain) off the Umbrian coast (admittedly an unusual occurence for the
Med). The Pacific Princess (~27,000 tons) was really rocking and rolling. Not
too pleasant at the time but a great conversation piece.

Jerry in NJ

Hit 40 foot seas in the Med, off the coast near Villefranche, in
September 2001. Though most of the pax and crew were sick, Eileen and I
had a blast.

Some people pay good money for that stuff at a place like Cedar
Point or King's Dominion.

--
dillon

When I was a kid, I thought the angel's name was Hark
and the horse's name was Bob.
Old September 8th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Back in 1970, on an Italian Line cruise out of New York, my wife's blood
sugar went haywire and she ended up in the ship's hospital.

We were blessed to be seated in the dining room next to a doctor and his
wife, and while the ship's two doctors argued over what was wrong with
Debby, Dr. Don looked out for her, even hiding me in their cabin when the
ship wanted to put us ashore in Martinique. Given the correct amount of
insulin which Dr. Don prescribed, by the time we reached San Juan, Debby was
fine.

When we left San Juan we ran into a nasty front, so Deb had our steward
bring her something light to eat while I went to the dining room.

By midnight Debby was starved so she sent me to the midnight buffet to get
her something substantial.

I wandered through the sea of green bodies lining the corridors and loaded
up two plates and brought them back through the green bodies and we pigged
out.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ
ojunk

"Howie" wrote in message

HoTShoT wrote:

[...]

Howie

Old September 8th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Tom & Linda

"HoTShoT" @ wrote in message ...
BUT IT WAS NOT THAT BAD. My wife
is prone to seasickness, and never complained.

It didn't have to be in any storm at all! Other ships like Celebrity were
far out of the storm. Also, since when does the use of cell phones factor
into a ships location during a storm? Sounds like poor judgment to me.

Cell phone use from a ship in the Caribbean during a hurricane, with flights
that need to be rearranged, etc. sounds like something very useful.

--TOm

Old September 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Tom & Linda

wrote:

Hit 40 foot seas in the Med, off the coast near Villefranche, in
September 2001. Though most of the pax and crew were sick, Eileen and I
had a blast.

Some people pay good money for that stuff at a place like Cedar
Point or King's Dominion.

Yeah.... for 2 minutes... not for 14 hours.

Old September 8th, 2004, 09:50 PM
HoTShoT

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message news:tmJ%c.6596
Cell phone use from a ship in the Caribbean during a hurricane, with flights
that need to be rearranged, etc. sounds like something very useful.

--TOm

Cell phone use from a ship in the Caribbean during a hurricane, with

flights
that need to be rearranged, etc. sounds like something very useful.

It was completely useless as no flights even left until the day after the
ship ported. The airport was closed. I'd rather be out of harms way than use
a cell phone.

Old September 8th, 2004, 09:53 PM
HoTShoT

Charles wrote in
d:

What appalls me is that the original poster doesn't know the difference
between a boat and a ship,

Wow, you get appalled pretty easily! I hate to be standing in front of you
when McDonalds gets your order wrong! If you were as sharp as you think you
are, you would have noticed I referred to it as a ship as well.

The difference is irrelevant and what you are doing is the equivalent of
being a spelling troll. Congratulations, you are officially a Usenet troll.
Let me run a spelling check so you don't grade that as well.

B.O.

Old September 8th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Charles

In article , HoTShoT @ wrote:

Wow, you get appalled pretty easily! I hate to be standing in front of you

Please be carefull how you trim. The way you trimmed makes it look like
you are attributing the post about boats and ships to me. That was not
my post.

--
Charles