Muslims Scouting Canadian Subway for Madrid-style Bombing?

Old November 15th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Charles Farley

Default Muslims Scouting Canadian Subway for Madrid-style Bombing?

Canadian Television
November 14, 2004

TORONTO -- Just over a month after the train bombings in Spain claimed
the lives of more than 200 people, Canadian security agents began
investigating suspicious activities on Toronto's subway system,
fearing a similar attack, the Toronto Star reported Saturday. While
security was enhanced and employees were warned to be extra vigilant
last spring, it was observations from passengers that sparked at least
two investigations.

One phone call to police claimed a man had kissed a book with Arabic
writing on it, placed it inside a briefcase and then appeared to
"purposively" leave the briefcase behind. When the passenger pursued
him to ask about the briefcase, the man allegedly cursed and ran away,
according to a description of the incident contained in court
documents obtained by the Star.

Eight days later, on April 30, more passengers called police to say
they had watched two men behaving in a "very suspicious manner" at the
Bloor-Yonge subway station -- a major transfer point. They appeared to
be taking covert video footage of the tracks.

One of those men, according to the court documents, was 38-year-old
Kassim Mohamed.

And it was due to this behaviour that security agents became
interested in him -- not because he was filming the CN Tower for a
tape he was making for his children, says the federal government.

The federal court documents filed Friday outline the government's
defence against a $1-million lawsuit launched by Mohamed that alleges
his constitutional rights as a Canadian citizen were breached by the
government's investigation.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories
Old November 17th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Tifosi Bob

"Ken Pisichko" wrote in message
We take care of our safety here. Can the folks in T.O. do the same without
resorting to off the wall commentary and behaviour?

How about taking some courses in basic English that you are obviously
lacking. So much for the educational standards in "Toronto the Good" ;-)

If you place the disclamers at the end of your commentary then I wonder
why you are bothering at all? Just spam perhaps? Or do you need an
audience?

Ken,

We Torontonians take care of our safety many ways.

First, the only folks that are armed are law enforcement and maybe the odd
gangster or bad guy, in other words, very few guns.

Second, other than the Canadian's armed force's efforts in Afghanistan, the
war on terrorism , we don't get involved with the business of Arabs like US
( 9 11 etc ), Spain ( Madrid subway bombings ), Austrailia ( Bali hotel
bombing ), Israel ( they just hate them period ) , generally speaking, Arabs
don't hate us.

As far as the subway, people have been pushed off the platforms and into the
paths of trains, stopping this is difficult. To bring a large suitcase of
plastique explosive or a vial of seron ( sp?) on to a crowded platform is
hard to stop unless you frisk and check everyone's luggage.

I'm saying that **** can happen anywhere, anytime but the chances of it
happening in Toronto are slim. I'd say London England has a better chance of
getting hit, they have had to deal with IRA...