St. Thomas beach question

Old December 8th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Tom

Default St. Thomas beach question

We will be stopping at St. Thomas on our cruise in January. We have gone to
Megan's bay and it was OK. The last time we did the excursion to St. John's
Trunk bay and it was beautiful, but we would like to spend less time
traveling to a beach and just spend more time at a nice beach. Can anyone
suggest a nice beach just a cab ride away from the pier?
Thanks
Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

Old December 8th, 2004, 02:51 AM
jcoulter

"Tom" wrote in

We will be stopping at St. Thomas on our cruise in January. We have
gone to Megan's bay and it was OK. The last time we did the excursion
to St. John's Trunk bay and it was beautiful, but we would like to
spend less time traveling to a beach and just spend more time at a
nice beach. Can anyone suggest a nice beach just a cab ride away from
the pier? Thanks
Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

try Coki it is closer than Megan's and very nice
Old December 8th, 2004, 06:06 AM
SONNY

My choice would be Coki Beach.

http://www.vinow.com/stthomas/beaches_stt/index.php

Old December 8th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Clint

The beaches in the north east and east part of the island are not too far
from the pier.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Eskimo Inuit Art & Northwest Indian Art

Old December 8th, 2004, 02:49 PM

Tom wrote:
We will be stopping at St. Thomas on our cruise in January. We have

gone to
Megan's bay and it was OK. The last time we did the excursion to St.

John's
Trunk bay and it was beautiful, but we would like to spend less time
traveling to a beach and just spend more time at a nice beach. Can

anyone
suggest a nice beach just a cab ride away from the pier?
Thanks
Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

It depends on what you want to do. Coki is very busy but if you want to
rent water toys and be in the action, it perfect. If you want a quiet
beach, go to Sapphire beach which is past the ferry to St. Johns. It is
a small, quaint beach, very peaceful. Tip the people working the small
resort and they will let you use the beach lounge chairs. Some good
snorkeling right in front of resort.

Old December 9th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Tom

I think we would prefer the quieter beach like Sapphire. Is there a hotel
or resort that we tell the taxi driver to take us to or do we just tell them
Sapphire beach? Is food available to purchase and are you able to catch a
cab easily to get back to the ship?
Thank you

Old December 9th, 2004, 07:14 PM
MLD

I believe that is the beach that we went to--it was quiet, right next to a
resort, had rentals for skidoos right on the beach. The resort also must
have been one of the "day at the beach" cruise excursions as we heard an
announcement later in the day that the bus was loading up to get back to the
ship. It was a relatively short taxi ride and on the way back the driver
gave us a short tour.
MLD

Old December 9th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Peri

Tom wrote:
I think we would prefer the quieter beach like Sapphire. Is there a hotel
or resort that we tell the taxi driver to take us to or do we just tell them
Sapphire beach? Is food available to purchase and are you able to catch a
cab easily to get back to the ship?

Yes to all of the above. The hotel is right on Sapphire Beach; the cab
drivers will know exactly where to take you. You can buy food and
drinks there (if I remember correctly, there were delicious hamburgers
being grilled while we were there), and you can easily get a taxi back
to the ship. If you like, the driver who takes you there will most
likely arrange to come back for you at a pre-set time. You won't have
to pay until he picks you up.

Have fun. We've been to both beaches. Sapphire is a bit
more...civilized, would be the best word, I suppose, although we had a
bunch of fun at Coki and thought the snorkeling was much better there.

~ Peri