Passenger removed from flight in Labrador

Old March 27th, 2007, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air
James Robinson

Default Passenger removed from flight in Labrador

This could be one of those Mastercard Ads.

- Lawyer: $500
- New airline ticket out of town: $1,300
- Fine for misbehaving and reimbursement to Continental airlines for
causing diversion: $20,000

- Look on his face when he realized where he was being booted off:
Priceless

Happy Valley-Goose Bay

(That's a remote place in Canada, for those who don't know)

Florida airline passenger lands in Labrador lockup

CBC News

A Florida resident spent Monday night in a Labrador jail, after a
Continental Airlines flight made a forced landing after what officials
described as an incident of air rage.

The man, 47, was scheduled to appear in provincial court on Tuesday in
Happy Valley-Goose Bay

RCMP officers were called after a Continental Airlines flight made an
emergency landing at Happy Valley-Goose Bay. RCMP officers were called
after a Continental Airlines flight made an emergency landing at Happy
Valley-Goose Bay.

RCMP said a man reportedly caused a disturbance that put passengers and
crew at risk. Police had some difficulty taking the man off the flight.

"The individual wasn't very co-operative with our members," said RCMP
Cpl. Paul MacDougall.

"There was no real struggle, per se, but he wasn't very co-operative."

A witness told CBC News that the man was swearing as he was taken from
the plane and was trying to break away from officers.

Police said alcohol appears to be a factor in the case.

The flight, en route from Oslo, Norway, to Newark, N.J., continued after
the passenger was removed from the plane.
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
(PeteCresswell)

Per Larry in AZ:
when did you ever hear of an unruly passenger causing trouble because of his
cigarette..?

Every time the fool exhales and people around him eventually have to inhale.
--
PeteCresswell
Old March 28th, 2007, 06:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:07:54 GMT, Larry in AZ
wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, James Robinson said:

Police said alcohol appears to be a factor in the case.

Booze should be removed from commercial flights. They've banned smoking, and
when did you ever hear of an unruly passenger causing trouble because of his
cigarette..?

There's been a few...have you not noticed over the years how the spiel
has changed..they now specifically mention that "tampering" with the
smoke detector in the loo is a no-no because some years back a joker
used as his defense for disabling the detector in the john to have a
quick smoke the fact that no one had *told* him that breaking the
alarm was forbidden. I beleive he ended up acquitted and thus the
very specific warning was added.

I also seem to recall there was some guy so off his nut for a smoke
that he kept trying to open one of the main doors to "go outside and
light up"...I suspect he had been drinking heavily also.

One of the more classic fun bits of film (to a cruel person such as
myself) was that shown after the first coast to coast non-smoking
flight landed back when the ban first kicked in...some of the folks
shown getting off looked ready for the palsy ward they were shaking so
badly...a few were almost jogging (as best a heavy smoker *can* jog)
to get to a smoking area so they could enjoy the action-adventure
fresh flavor of their favorite inhaled drug.

Jim P.
Old March 28th, 2007, 03:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
TNSAF

"Larry in AZ" wrote in message
.. .
Waiving the right to remain silent, "(PeteCresswell)" said:

Per Larry in AZ:
when did you ever hear of an unruly passenger causing trouble because of
his cigarette..?

Every time the fool exhales and people around him eventually have to
inhale.

So you purposefully missed the point..?

No, I think you did. I would consider having to inhale second hand smoke
inside a confined space as causing a disturbance. I don't understand how it
could have ever been an accepted practice!

Old March 28th, 2007, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message Larry in AZ
wrote:

What about passengers doused with perfume..? Ready to make that illegal
too..?

I worked at one place where perfume was permitted, but if there were any
complaints, you would be asked to not wear perfume again.

Do it a second time, it was disciplinary action.

Third time was fireable.
--
Insert something clever here.
Old March 28th, 2007, 11:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
(PeteCresswell)

Per DevilsPGD:
I worked at one place where perfume was permitted, but if there were any
complaints, you would be asked to not wear perfume again.

Never seen that, but once I saw something happen that I suspect happens to more
than just a few people. This lady started wearing perfume one day. Then she
started wearing more perfume... and more... and more... until after a month or
so people were practically gagging whenever she was in the area.

From what I've read, it seems like the human olfactory sense adapts to discount
smells very rapidly - like within 45 minutes sometimes. My guess is that some
people start with a little dab of perfume on day one, can't smell it anymore on
day 2, add a little more until they can smell it.....and by day 30 they're
positively reeking to people that aren't around them very much.
--
PeteCresswell