A new experience

Old November 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default A new experience

After many very enjoyable cruises, I recently sailed on a new ship of my
favorite cruise line and took a nap, while we waited for the luggage.

The telephone rang and woke me up. It was a young man who asked for
members of his family who I assured him were not in my suite. The young
man was abusive in his insistence that his family members were assigned
to my suite number, and finally hung-up, only to call back again and
again, each time more angry and argumentative.

When the phone stopped ringing I thought that the problem was over and
that he decided to sleep-off whatever he was drinking or drugging, and
we could go on to having a wonderful cruise.

I later had a message to call someone at the front desk urgently. He
told me that he had a report from the man who repeatedly called me that
"I had harassed him!"

I told the front desk person that he should have checked his computer
phone system first before calling me and he would have found the
numerous calls to my suite from the perpetrator, who obviously enjoyed
speaking to me as he called again and again.

I asked for an apology and explanation, which he didn't give. I later
went to the front desk and found that the manager just backed-up the
front desk clerk, and said it was "no big deal". The manager said that
the young man has been "dealt-with" and that I would not experience any
further harassment from him.

The manager had a table full of wine and champagne, but offered to
send a couple of bottles to my suite which took two days for only one
bottle to arrive with no apology.

Unfortunately, the annoyance didn't stop, he only changed his m.o. to
ringing the door bell and running away, before I could get to the door.
This occurred several times each day and the door bell could not be
turned-off.

As I had already lost confidence in the front desk I did not complain
until I met the Hotel Director later in the week at a private function.

He was already very much aware of the issue, as his staff covered their
a__ well.
He made excuses for the perpetrator as well as the behavior of his front
desk staff.

He did agree to writing an apology,which he never sent, Upon departure I
asked the front desk if there was any mail for me and the front desk
manager said that "there will be no letter"

I had never experienced such a problem before, and regret answering the
phone in the first place and returning the message from the front desk.
Obviously, I realize that this is not the answer to avoiding situations
like this.

It is most unfortunate that the staff felt that it is more important to
back-up colleagues that do wrong than support their loyal clients. I am
sure that the staff has covered their a__ all the way to top management
in support of their errors.

I would love to just forget this disaster cruise, but the loss of
confidence gives me doubts in the experience that I may receive in my
next cruise with this line.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated that would not label the
victim as just another complainer to the line.

Gadget

Old November 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article ,
wrote:

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated that would not label the
victim as just another complainer to the line.

Having read many of your posts over the years I don't believe you.

--
Charles
Old December 1st, 2008, 04:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am sorry that I let these annoyances live rent-free in my head.

Gadget.

Old December 1st, 2008, 07:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dudley Henriques

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:39:05 -0500, wrote:

After many very enjoyable cruises

Tragic but here is a truthful look at the reality .

http://tinyurl.com/5gt7
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Nov 30, 5:39 pm, wrote:

As I had already lost confidence in the front desk I did not complain
until I met the Hotel Director later in the week at a private function.

Cruise ships come with hotel directors?