Texas travel

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Texas travel

Be aware - Texas is very big. It will take a day to drive across.

we went to a phish concert in dallas 1997. The show got out at 11. I
was asleep in the car by 11:45 and glad as hell to wake up in New
Mexico. Texas is a big scary place. If you are renting a car, make
sure you dont have a car with yankee plates on it.

The local law enforcement has a high school education at best and
oftentimes you will know the law better than they do. Western Texas,
as people have suggested, Big Bend is Beautifful I would consdier a
loop into New mexico which would include Carlsbad and White sands.
Austin is a great place for live music and is a polar opposite from
the rest of Texas. Dallas you have Daly plaza and "deep elem(shady
now)".....

Chuck

Old May 13th, 2007, 01:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
WJ[_2_]

bb wrote:

Would appreciate any suggestions for a road trip anywhere in Texas. We have
several days to see something special in Texas, so we'd like some places we
might not know about or something interesting/fun you know about. Just neat
roads to travel, out of the way cafes, anything you might like to suggest
for a car trip during about 5 days.
TIA
Barbara

In Midland, we enjoyed touring the Commemorative Air Force (formerly the
Confederate Air Force) museum, and especially liked the collection of
"nose art".
Old May 13th, 2007, 06:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
RVer Don

"WJ" wrote in message
bb wrote:

Would appreciate any suggestions for a road trip anywhere in Texas. We
have several days to see something special in Texas, so we'd like some
places we might not know about or something interesting/fun you know
about. Just neat roads to travel, out of the way cafes, anything you
might like to suggest for a car trip during about 5 days.
TIA
Barbara

Big Bend National Park is worth a visit.

Don in Tracy, Calif.