Mobile Cards in Cambodia

Old July 4th, 2009, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

Default Mobile Cards in Cambodia

Are they expensive? I seem to recall they were and calls, even local calls,
were quite expensive. Thanks in advance.

rg

Old July 5th, 2009, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Sharkbait says...
Are they expensive? I seem to recall they were and calls, even local calls,
were quite expensive. Thanks in advance.

No idea, but if you spend even just a few days in Cambodia, get a local
prepaid GSM card. Much, much cheaper than roaming and you will have a
local telephone number, meaning that local Cambodians will be able to
call you.
--

Alfred Molon
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

I got some feedback from a hotel that I will be staying at in Siem Reap.
They said that a Metfone prepaid card is good and that calls to the U.S.
would run .14 cents a minute.

rg

Old July 6th, 2009, 06:07 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Sharkbait says...
I got some feedback from a hotel that I will be staying at in Siem Reap.
They said that a Metfone prepaid card is good and that calls to the U.S.
would run .14 cents a minute.

..14 cents? Perhaps you mean 14 cents?
--

Alfred Molon
Old July 6th, 2009, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

Correct. - US 14 cents. It seems that the largest company in Cambodia,
which I believe is MobiTel, charges around US 20 cents/minute but not sure
if that information is current. I understand they have a 55% market share
with around 2.25 million subscribers.

rg