U.S. tourism may be casualty of war on terror

Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:51 AM
miles

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

It seems to mean those things to some (note I say some) Republican
Party voters.

Defining the word is one thing. Practicing it is another. Democrats
used the word liberal to define their own party platform for decades.
So it is now the political actions of the Democratic party over the
decades that the word liberal is now most often associated with.

Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:52 AM
miles

john wrote:

Liberal and a Republican voter are a contradiction in terms.

What a blatent arrogant statement. There are liberal republicans and
there are conservative democrats as well as moderates of both.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:08 AM
AJC

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:30:59 GMT, Deep Foiled Malls
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:35:18 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@ear thlink.net wrote:

AJC wrote:

Ugh, yes, I've been to Atlanta. I didn't enjoy it, but I'm glad I've
seen it. Everyone should be exposed to such horrors at least once!

Yeah it's a ghastly place. I really despise the South, too bad they don't
secede so that the rest of the US can again rise to the level of a First
World country...

Georgia especially is a backwater. There is only one time in my life when I
felt my life was in danger, it was about 30 years ago when I had to pull off
the interstate in rural Jaw - ja to change a flat tyre. People were
actually swerving to *hit* me and yelling "Yankee go home!" (they were
tipped off by my Illinois licence plates). It really *is* like the film
_Deliverance_ down there, except that the hillybillys in the movie have
progressed to the point where they have real power and influence in this
country, e.g. Newt Gingrich...

I too have spent some time in Atlanta, and given my personality, I
didn't fit in very well. Those folks look at like your stupid if you
try any subtle humour at all, like sarcasm with the appropriate over
exaggerated voice tones. Everytime I said something, they all got this
stunned expression on their faces, like I had just divided them by
zero or something!

And as for the deliverance thing, it's true! I went looking for a big
mountain to climb, and this full on hick I came across asked me where
I was going. I told him, and he drawls "awww, thats roool purty up the
there".

*shiver*
--

LOL. I remember friends taking us to a quaint restaurant somewhere
outside Atlanta for Sunday lunch. I remember asking for the wine list,
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:37 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:40:31 -0700, miles wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

What I said was:
---------
What I admire is the way the Democrats supported the war in Iraq, yet
Bush's re-election was interpreted by him as the electorate approving
of his decision.
---------

I know that you're an American and all, but how could you NOT see that
as sarcasm?

None the less you still inferred a particular meaning regarding the way
Democrats supported the war. I asked if you admire that. Can't you see
that as sarcasm?

I suspect you will never understand...
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

AJC wrote:

[...]

You drunken hedon!
--
---
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:51 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:46:44 -0700, miles wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

Exactly the same as the Swedes, Chinese, and South Africans with their
governments. And yes, EXACTLY the same as the Republicans. Care to
name one government that does NOT do this?

You missed the point as evidenced by bringing up other countries.
Liberalism as it exists as in reference to political tendencies in the
USA is vastly different than liberalism in other countries. I realize
this is an international NG but the threads subject references the USA.

And you have missed the point AGAIN. I will repeat it, and will even
simplify it for you by putting it in purely USA terms.

You said:
"Not really. The liberals give freely with other peoples money for
any and all causes they see fit."

I said:
"EXACTLY the same as the Republicans."

So, can you disprove this statement:
"The [Republicans] give freely with other peoples money for any and
all causes they see fit."
--
---
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
alohacyberian

"nobody" wrote in message
news:1108974229.39c1291588a6dd1d530d1b251d1b66b3@t eranews...

HOW STUPID CAN THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BE ??????

If you'll look at national election results in the United States since 1992,
you'll wonder why that party isn't asking that question of themselves. Until
they start asking questions like that and taking decisive action, they'll
keep taking it on the chin come election day. If they keep doing what they're
doing, they'll keep getting what they're getting. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
alohacyberian

"john" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:01:27 GMT, "alohacyberian"
wrote:
stuff snipped

Jesus Christ, your back again with your rants.

I was hoping that you drowned in the surf.

Back to the killfile for you.

No, I'm not Jesus, but, thanks for the compliment and another admission that
killfiles are for intellectual cowards. Sorry your panties are still in a
bunch, but, while you're hoping people drown, you might use your dictionary
to learn you're using your language poorly. KM

"Ha'omer davar beshem omro mevi geulah la'olam".
"I'm not a god, I was misquoted."
~ The Talmud

Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
alohacyberian

wrote:
stuff snipped

Jesus Christ, your back again with your rants.

I was hoping that you drowned in the surf.

You spend a great deal of time collecting unrelated quotes that you
put in your messages.

What are you on?

Meth? coke? etc.

"Maui Wowie" most likely...

Har-de-har-har - another unemployed comedian.

LOL! Yeah, if you can't offer a rational rebuttal to a message, by all means
act like a petty, pimply-faced adnoidal adolescent intellectual
blank-cartridge and attack the messenger with your fetid breath and green
teeth. But, remember, even so, Jesus loves you. KM

"One of the most revealing aspects of people is that they judge the
motivations of others based upon their own. Therefore, many of them go
through life believing that everyone else in the world is just as small,
pusillanimous, and self-centered as they are. This belief is a great comfort
to them."
~ Diogenes

Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
alohacyberian

"miles" wrote in message
newsXuSd.19055$Tt.17201@fed1read05...
john wrote:

Back to the killfile for you.

Why must people state publicly they are killfiling someone? If you wish to
ignore someone then DO IT!

They aren't really killfiling anyone, they just want to display hysterical
melodrama to make people think their lives matter instead of admitting they
have no lives while they desperately hope that others on the lunatic fringe
will chime and and echo their loneliness. Misery loves company. KM