U.S. tourism may be casualty of war on terror

Old February 18th, 2005, 02:50 AM
TCS

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:38:45 -0500, nobody wrote:
PTravel wrote:
from both Mexico and Canada post-9/11. Of course, I'm a citizen, but the
process didn't seem any more onerous than the usual garbage I go through
when I fly home from international travel.

Cars assembled in the USA now cost more because of those border security
measures. The car makers had all reorganised themselves for JIT delivery

funny. car prices haven't gone up except for purely japanese cars.
Old February 18th, 2005, 02:51 AM
nobody

miles wrote:
to both Canada and the UK recently. On both trips people were very
friendly to me and talked more about the BS propaganda they hear on TV
as being just that...BS.

Invading illegally another countrty, destroying its infrastrcture,
killing over 15,000 civilians and opreventing the UN to rebuild the
nation, wishing to remain in control even afetr it has proven itself
totally inept at keeping security, even less rebuilding the nation, this
is not BS.

No nation should ever be allowed to do what the USA did. No world leader
should be allowed to get away with war crimes.

And you want to know why the USA insists that Sudan/Darfour is Genocide
? It is actually quite simple. Senocide gets its own court. War crimes
go to the ICC. Bush doesn't want to recognise the ICC since he knows he
would be charged with war crimes. Allowing Darfour's killings to be
tried under ICC is against USA policy. As a result, nothing is being done.
Old February 18th, 2005, 02:57 AM
PTRAVEL

"nobody" wrote in message
news:1108693604.862e5b5c115ebe649eff2b72dabb6f7e@t eranews...
PTravel wrote:
from both Mexico and Canada post-9/11. Of course, I'm a citizen, but the
process didn't seem any more onerous than the usual garbage I go through
when I fly home from international travel.

Cars assembled in the USA now cost more because of those border security
measures. The car makers had all reorganised themselves for JIT delivery
of parts to the plants, but this doesn't work anymore because of the
random delivery times due to border congestion. Both the car makers and
truckling companies suffer because of this.

What has this to do with the topic of this thread?

Oh, yes . . . that's right . . . nothing.

Old February 18th, 2005, 04:03 AM
miles

nobody wrote:

Rant snipped

Geez almighty! You ran all over the place with that BS. Sounded like a
repeat of just headline news from the media rather than anything in
depth. Besides, it had little to do with my statement. Good grief.

Old February 18th, 2005, 04:27 AM
spamfree

More than possible. I just finished watching a regular TV show, World
Business. I think it is based in the UK. One of their stories featured
that problem, that top American brand names are suffering reduced
sales in the last two years. A marketing / public opinion firm queried
the public and it was confirmed that people are buying fewer American
branded products because of American foreign policy.

American exports are up the past 2 years.

The dollar is weak so foreign countries can buy more for the same
amount of money in their local currency. OF COURSE exports
are up, duh! Also you compared apples and oranges. I wrote that
the top American brands were suffering, not all exports. Top
American brands include Coke and the like. The only one of the
top ten American brands that increased business was McDumps.

So your story is false.

It's not my story, genius. http://www.fbcmedia.com/en/prgms.asp

I have traveled to both Canada and the UK recently. On both
trips people were very friendly to me and talked more about the
BS propaganda they hear on TV as being just that...BS.

Oh yes, your two trips are *so* statistically significant.

Casey

Old February 18th, 2005, 04:37 AM
miles

spamfree wrote:
Top
American brands include Coke and the like. The only one of the
top ten American brands that increased business was McDumps.

Top American brands are down in the USA as well. The world economy is
down. The USA is one of the few thats growing. So whats your point?

Oh yes, your two trips are *so* statistically significant.

Wasn't intended to be. But these so called stories of everyone hating
Americans is just that...a story that you and others buy into. My story
is different. Believe what you want. I believe what I've lived rather
than what I see on TV.