How last minute is last minute cruising

Old August 23rd, 2005, 01:00 AM
Kurt Ullman

Default How last minute is last minute cruising

I'll be in Tampa early next year on business and I won't know
until late Wed or early Thursday if I will need to stick around
another week.
So.. my wife and I are thinking... we're in Tampa anyway we
might want to cruise. Thus my questions a
1). How last minute can you get?
2). Do you call the line or a travel agent or what?

--
"All of us learn to write in the second grade.
Most of us go on to greater things."
Old August 23rd, 2005, 02:32 AM

In theory, you can still make a weekend cruise. Whether such a cruise
would be practical--"a whole different story".

--jim

. net...

Old August 23rd, 2005, 02:39 AM
How B

Kurt Ullman wrote:

I'll be in Tampa early next year on business and I won't know
until late Wed or early Thursday if I will need to stick around
another week.
So.. my wife and I are thinking... we're in Tampa anyway we
might want to cruise. Thus my questions a
1). How last minute can you get?
2). Do you call the line or a travel agent or what?

My last cruise was on 5 days' notice. My TA handled it just fine. I
used Princess online to fill out embarkation forms. I printed them out
and brought them to the pier, I did not need any other docs to board.

How B

Old August 23rd, 2005, 02:42 AM
How B

How B wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

I'll be in Tampa early next year on business and I won't know until
late Wed or early Thursday if I will need to stick around another week.
So.. my wife and I are thinking... we're in Tampa anyway we might
want to cruise. Thus my questions a
1). How last minute can you get? 2). Do you call the line or a
travel agent or what?

My last cruise was on 5 days' notice. My TA handled it just fine. I
used Princess online to fill out embarkation forms. I printed them out
and brought them to the pier, I did not need any other docs to board.

(For the picky: yes, I did need my passport. I did not need any docs
from Princess.)

How B

Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:45 PM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake How B :

How B wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

I'll be in Tampa early next year on business and I won't know until
late Wed or early Thursday if I will need to stick around another week.
So.. my wife and I are thinking... we're in Tampa anyway we might
want to cruise. Thus my questions a
1). How last minute can you get? 2). Do you call the line or a
travel agent or what?

My last cruise was on 5 days' notice. My TA handled it just fine. I
used Princess online to fill out embarkation forms. I printed them out
and brought them to the pier, I did not need any other docs to board.

(For the picky: yes, I did need my passport. I did not need any docs
from Princess.)

How B

Not to be picky, but didn't you need a passport? :-)
--
dillon

Pain is Nature's way of saying "that was stupid"
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:53 PM
Reef Fish

Kurt Ullman wrote:

1). How last minute can you get?
2). Do you call the line or a travel agent or what?

One week was the rule of thumb I got from an agent, just to change a
passemger to a substitute.

If you call the ship directly, you may get one at a shorter notice.

-- Bob.

Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:01 PM
How B

Dillon Pyron wrote:

Thus spake How B :

How B wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

I'll be in Tampa early next year on business and I won't know until
late Wed or early Thursday if I will need to stick around another week.
So.. my wife and I are thinking... we're in Tampa anyway we might
want to cruise. Thus my questions a
1). How last minute can you get? 2). Do you call the line or a
travel agent or what?

My last cruise was on 5 days' notice. My TA handled it just fine. I
used Princess online to fill out embarkation forms. I printed them out
and brought them to the pier, I did not need any other docs to board.

(For the picky: yes, I did need my passport. I did not need any docs

from Princess.)

How B

Not to be picky, but didn't you need a passport? :-)

LOL

Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:40 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On 23 Aug 2005 11:53:28 -0700, "Reef Fish"
wrote:

If you call the ship directly, you may get one at a shorter notice.

Hi Everyone,

I would love to hear the laughter on the other end of the phone when
you call the ship. :+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old August 24th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Becca

Kurt Ullman wrote:

2). Do you call the line or a travel agent or what?

Call your travel agent.

Becca