Gas station near Philadelphia airport

Old November 16th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Charlie

Default Gas station near Philadelphia airport

I'm looking for a gas station near the Philadelphia airport. I'd like
to avoid the refueling fees the car rental places charge. I'll be
coming I476 to I95 if that helps.
thanks...charlie
Old November 16th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Mark Hewitt

"Charlie" wrote in message
m...
I'm looking for a gas station near the Philadelphia airport. I'd like
to avoid the refueling fees the car rental places charge. I'll be
coming I476 to I95 if that helps.
thanks...charlie

Are petrol stations that rare that you need to ask in a newgroup to find
one?

Old November 16th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Roger B.

"Mark Hewitt" wrote...
"Charlie" wrote...
I'm looking for a gas station near the Philadelphia airport.
I'd like to avoid the refueling fees the car rental places charge.
I'll be coming I476 to I95 if that helps. thanks...charlie

Are petrol stations that rare that you need to ask in a newgroup
to find one?

He's just looking one really close to the rental car return agency.
Its a good question. I do not live in Philadelphia, but according
to MS Streets&Trips, there is an airport access/service road btw.
I-95 and the airport running parallel to I-95 (South-side), called
"Industrial Hwy" with several gas stations.

It appears that you could take the Lincoln Ave (SR 420) Exit
(#9-?) just before the airport, head S. to Industrial Hwy, turn left
toward the airport and find a Mobile & BP station on the N.
side of the split highway, or head N. on Lincoln Ave and find
an Exxon at the intersection with Chester Pike (US 13). [OR]
Take the Island Ave Exit (#12-?) just after the airport, head S.
and find an Exxon at the intersection with Industrial Hwy.

You will likely find your rental car agency between these two
exits, just off Industrial Hwy. [R]

Old November 17th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Geoff Glave

I automatically refused the offer and didn't realize what I'd done
'til I got to the parking lot :-)

Was this a fee to refuel the whole tank or just a portion? For me
this is usually the tricky part... It's the cost of a full refill @ $x
per liter, regardless of whether you've got 7/8 of a tank or 1/8.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada