Laptop computers

Old January 30th, 2010, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Default Laptop computers

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
If you look at it for what it is, the price is more than other devices
that do some of the things the iPad will do. And it will be, as the
iPods are, a product in transition. There will be newer ones made with
new features.

As it is, this is one slick box for a reasonable price, imo.

Think of it as a super iPod Touch and you'll be pretty close.

Prediction, they'll sell a bazillion of them. One of them will be mine!

Lloyd

It is nice to see you here, Lloyd.

Becca
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Becca
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
If you look at it for what it is, the price is more than other devices
that do some of the things the iPad will do. And it will be, as the
iPods are, a product in transition. There will be newer ones made with
new features.

As it is, this is one slick box for a reasonable price, imo.

Think of it as a super iPod Touch and you'll be pretty close.

Prediction, they'll sell a bazillion of them. One of them will be mine!

Lloyd

It is nice to see you here, Lloyd.

Becca

Thanks Becca. I still read in the Yahoo groups, but as you know, I
haven't been posting.

Winter is for geeky things and music!!

So when is George gonna do a 'tiny little cabin' group on the Epic?
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
In article , Becca
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
If you look at it for what it is, the price is more than other devices
that do some of the things the iPad will do. And it will be, as the
iPods are, a product in transition. There will be newer ones made with
new features.

As it is, this is one slick box for a reasonable price, imo.

Think of it as a super iPod Touch and you'll be pretty close.

Prediction, they'll sell a bazillion of them. One of them will be mine!

Lloyd

It is nice to see you here, Lloyd.

Becca

Thanks Becca. I still read in the Yahoo groups, but as you know, I
haven't been posting.

Winter is for geeky things and music!!

So when is George gonna do a 'tiny little cabin' group on the Epic?

Don't hang by your thumbs waiting for me to do a group on NCL. vbg

I never say never, but it isn't in the cards any time soon.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:10:16 -0600, George Leppla
wrote:

Don't hang by your thumbs waiting for me to do a group on NCL. vbg

I never say never, but it isn't in the cards any time soon.

Hi George,

Where is your sense of adventure? g,d,& r
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

wrote:

Don't hang by your thumbs waiting for me to do a group on NCL. vbg

I never say never, but it isn't in the cards any time soon.

My impression, from reading comments here and on CruiseCritic, is that
NCL is not noticeably worse (or better) than the other mass market
cruise lines. They've gone down in quality, and NCL has gone up in
quality.

They don't handle problems well. Is that your reason for not liking
them, or is it something else?

Old January 31st, 2010, 01:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

wrote:

Don't hang by your thumbs waiting for me to do a group on NCL. vbg

I never say never, but it isn't in the cards any time soon.

My impression, from reading comments here and on CruiseCritic, is that
NCL is not noticeably worse (or better) than the other mass market
cruise lines. They've gone down in quality, and NCL has gone up in
quality.

They don't handle problems well. Is that your reason for not liking
them, or is it something else?

The biggest reason is that I get more complaints about NCL from my
customers than all the other cruise lines put together. Food quality
(in the non-specialty restaurants) and service are the biggest areas of
complaint.

I have noted some improvement in the back-office part of the company and
that was much needed... and I have also read some reviews that indicate
that things might be improving on board the ships. I should go on an
NCL ship to see for myself and maybe later this year, I will.

There was a time when NCL was one of the top dogs in the cruise
industry. Just for the sake of competition, I would love to see them
improve to the point that they were comparable to Carnival, Royal
Caribbean, etc.

Old January 31st, 2010, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Lloyd Parsons

In article ,
George Leppla wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
In article , Becca
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
[...]

OK, I won't hold my breath either!!
Old January 31st, 2010, 11:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
In article , Becca
wrote:
It is nice to see you here, Lloyd.

Becca

Thanks Becca. I still read in the Yahoo groups, but as you know, I
haven't been posting.

Winter is for geeky things and music!!

So when is George gonna do a 'tiny little cabin' group on the Epic?

Many years ago George said hell would freeze over before he would cruise
on Royal Caribbean. He will be cruising with about 211 people on the
Oasis in October. Could he change his mind about Norwegian? You never
know. :-)

Becca
Old February 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake BikeRider50 :

Charles wrote:
In article , Dillon Pyron
wrote:

Well, we have now established that the iPad is $499 to $849.
Competitive prcies with other tablets. Is it a Windblows tablet
killer? Probably not. Is it a netbook killer? Quite possible. The
problem is that it appears to be ARM based rather than Intel, so
software built for X won't run on it. But, if it is ARM, and it also
appears to be very close to the iPhone OS, there are (as of RIGHT NOW)
149,219 apps for it. A good code jockey cn write one a week. I could
probably get one out every couple of months, and I haven't written
"real" code in years.

Almost all the 149,219 iPhone apps will run on the iPad. It does
everything I need to do when traveling on a cruise or other travel and
what I do with my laptop when sitting on my couch at home. Plus it will
be an e-book reader. The pricing is a pleasant surprise to me. I was
expecting $999. So I will be getting one. Have to decide how much
memory and whether to get the Wi-Fi only version or the Wi-Fi plus 3G
version. I got a few months to decide which.

New adoptee.

Ipad has no camera, no ability to run Flash (so most web apps won't
work), a keyboard that you can't type well on, no replaceable battery,
no USB port, no way to multitask,

Wait for it
too big to stick in a pocket, too
delicate a screen and a way too small amount of memory and storage.

Seems the same thing can be said for the incrediblly successful
original iPhone.

Stupid.
It won't replace a laptop or netbook and it can't replace a phone. It's
just a large sized Itouch.

Netbooks don't replace notebooks. For most, same price, less
performance. In some ways, they chap Intel, since they are using the
Atom, which has a very low ASP and was really intended for the smart
phone market.

Flash. Well some insiders, on background, have said that Apple is
feeling enough heat on this one that we may soon see it. But "soon" =
June/July.

No way it sells well, except to geeks with more money than brains.

--

- dillon I am not invalid

I love my country, It's my government I fear.

Hey, turnabout's fair play.