Canada -- jetsgo $1 sundays

Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:14 AM
Craig Morton

Default Canada -- jetsgo $1 sundays

Jetsgo has changed their $1 Sunday promotion. They used to specify
specific dates where $1 fares could be had. Now they give a range of
dates, and you have to search them to find the $ 1 fares. (which now
include more fees than before, and are virtually free). This week the
only actual $ 1 fares I could find were YYZ-YOW. Anyone care to post
the dates for any $ 1 fares they find on jetsgo.net on Sundays?
I usually search YYZ-YYC and YYZ-YWG.

CM
Old March 12th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Craig Morton

Lately, on sundays, when you click on a city, it will tell you where
and when you can fly for a buck, for example, march 15-may 30. You
have to literally pretend to book a flight on all the days in this
range to find the $1 fares, which are usually mid-week, and not on one
way flights. Since they now include navcan and fuel surcharges, yo
can fly yow-yyz for about forty bucks return, if you are lucky enough
to find $1 fares each way. I think that as Sunday wears on, the $1
flights morph into half price flights. Since the flights are so hard
to find, I started this, so if anyone finds them they could post it
here, but by the time its posted, it might be gone.
I almost booked YYZ-YOW just to take my son on a plane, but since i
live between Ottawa and Toronto, the logistics were too crazy.
I have time off in the summer, and if they still have this promo, I'm
planning to stay up late or get up early until I can find $1 return
fares to YVR, as under no other circumstances could I fly a family of
4 to BC for a holiday.
I just read jetsgo is adding flights out of YOW, so good luck ... my
last jetsgo flight from YWG-YYZ was 5 hours late, so they gave me a 50
dollar credit and a $20 taxi chit at YYZ, which was way more than I
paid for my ticket.

(Jokn) wrote in message . com...
"enderremove" wrote in message news:kiV2c.112875$A12.17585@edtnps84...
Jokn wrote:
(Craig Morton) wrote in message . com...

Jetsgo has changed their $1 Sunday promotion. They used to specify
specific dates where $1 fares could be had. Now they give a range of
dates, and you have to search them to find the $ 1 fares. (which now
include more fees than before, and are virtually free). This week the
only actual $ 1 fares I could find were YYZ-YOW. Anyone care to post
the dates for any $ 1 fares they find on jetsgo.net on Sundays?
I usually search YYZ-YYC and YYZ-YWG.

CM

So what's the deal with the loonie sundays? I know that there are
other 'taxes' after the buck. Does anyone know how much the $1 tickets
are after the taxes are put on?

Thanks,

Jokn
Ottawa

They used to be around $44 depending on the airport you were departing
from. Now that they include Nav Canada and fuel surcharges, they should
be significantly cheaper.

How do you find the range of dates for $ 1 fares? I don't see a direct
link to sift/search through them. I've tried the search option, but
that only tells me the starting time for loonie Sundays across the
country, and I see no other option for finding these fares. Got any
tips? I'd appreciate them.

Thanks,

Jokn
Ottawa

[...]