fleet standards

Old December 11th, 2011, 04:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default fleet standards

The differences between ships amenities may seem unimportant, but very
frequent cruisers, get to like those amenities and miss them when they
are not there.

I met lots of the highest level of cruisers on board that commented on
missing canopies on the repeater party and less expensive champagne for
the top travel couple etc.

When waiters and dining room captains were questioned they blamed this
and other cutbacks on head office and said they were afraid to do any
extras as they may loose their job!

I remember when the staff felt they couldn't do enough for the passenger
to get great comments on the comment form, now they are in a "catch-22'
between management wanting them to get good msrks, by doing with less.

Gadget

Old December 11th, 2011, 06:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sophie Tucker

On Dec 10 2011 10:45 PM, Gadget World wrote:

The differences between ships amenities may seem unimportant, but very
frequent cruisers, get to like those amenities and miss them when they
are not there.

I met lots of the highest level of cruisers on board that commented on
missing canopies on the repeater party and less expensive champagne for
the top travel couple etc.

When waiters and dining room captains were questioned they blamed this
and other cutbacks on head office and said they were afraid to do any
extras as they may loose their job!

I remember when the staff felt they couldn't do enough for the passenger
to get great comments on the comment form, now they are in a "catch-22'
between management wanting them to get good msrks, by doing with less.

Gadget

I can understand the plight of those poor cruisers like you who were
deprived of their "canopies" when they were attempting to gorge themselves
during a free gathering. We prefer to wait for dinner instead of the
canapés that may be offered on the kind of cruise you would sail on.

-----*

Old December 12th, 2011, 03:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Sophie,

You are right!

The most frequent cruisers are poor, with all the money spent on
cruising.

When a couple reaches "pinnacle" level they have taken 100, 7 day
cruises, or 700 days of cruises. At approximately $2,500 per cruise in
a normal balcony cabin that equals $250,000.00, plus another $100,000 on
board expense=$350,000
on just one cruise line.

We have reached the highest loyalty level on six current cruise lines
and a few that no longer exist, and feel that any customer in any
business
that keeps it afloat with his busiess deserves the gratitude of not only
the company, but the other passengers too! Without the most loyal
passengers, there would be no cruises for the rest and the frequent
cruiser would have to go back to sailing on his own boat.

Yes Sophie Tucker, that is the most expensive pre dinner snacks in the
world and if they we're on my diet I'd eat every one of them.
Fortunately, I pass on the snacks and come home at the same weight as I
left, ready to tackle my next cruise

I am old enough to remember Sophie Tucker
and know that she is a comedian and that you are joking.

Gadget

Old December 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

Sophie Tucker was a vocalist not a comedian. This one is a troll.

Old December 12th, 2011, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sophie Tucker

On Dec 11 2011 9:58 PM, Gadget World wrote:

Sophie,

You are right!

I am old enough to remember Sophie Tucker
and know that she is a comedian and that you are joking.

Gadget

Gadget, sadly, I wasn't joking. I have had my picture taken with enough
ship's Captains so that now that my mother-in-law has passed away there is
no longer a need to appease her for another photo of her daughter, and I
learned a long time ago that if you ask for a "real" drink they will
gladly get you one.

---*

Old December 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sophie Tucker

On Dec 12 2011 8:59 AM, Cruise Crazy wrote:

Sophie Tucker was a vocalist not a comedian. This one is a troll.

You are mistaken, Doris. I am not a troll, just a person who, like you
and Gadget, who prefers not to expose his or her true identity.

-----*