San Sebastian Festival

Old December 22nd, 2003, 01:11 PM
mrtractor

Default San Sebastian Festival

We'll be arriving in San Juan the same time this festival is going on in
January. Our overnight stay in Old San Juan is the night that this festival
will be at it's zenith.

Has anyone ever been around there while this festival is going on? Is it as
wild and crazy as Mardi Gras? What is it like? Not complaining, mind you.
Just trying to prepare for another party!

MrTractor

Old December 24th, 2003, 04:48 AM
norma

"mrtractor" wrote in message et...
We'll be arriving in San Juan the same time this festival is going on in
January. Our overnight stay in Old San Juan is the night that this festival
will be at it's zenith.

Has anyone ever been around there while this festival is going on? Is it as
wild and crazy as Mardi Gras? What is it like? Not complaining, mind you.
Just trying to prepare for another party!

MrTractor

We were there last year and it was wonderful. Not crazy as Mardi Gras
but lots of street music, dancing & booths for food & souveniers.
When will you be there? We are going to be there 1/16 for a 1/17
cruise on Serenade OTS.
Norma
Old December 24th, 2003, 02:05 PM
mrtractor

We're looking forward to the festival as much as the cruise! We're coming in
on the 17th for the Norwegian Sky on the 18th.

Last time down we stayed at the Wyndham Old San Juan. This time it's booked
solid. I guess it's because of the festival. That and cruisers. And I guess
it's far enough away so you won't hear the music and noise all night.

This time we're staying at the Gallery Inn. The back of the property backs
right up onto Calle San Sebastian, the epicenter of the festivities. It's
sort of a quirky artist commune as much as a hotel. It's gonna be a kick! (I
hope).

We don't get in until you are getting on the ship. I'm sorry we won't likely
be able to meet up. What hotel did you get and how did you find it?

MrT

"norma" wrote in message
m...

et...

Old December 25th, 2003, 02:28 AM
norma

We're looking forward to the festival as much as the cruise! We're coming in
on the 17th for the Norwegian Sky on the 18th.

We don't get in until you are getting on the ship. I'm sorry we won't likely
be able to meet up. What hotel did you get and how did you find it?

MrT

Yes, we will just miss each other. Too bad, it would have been fun to
meet up with someone from the boards.
We stayed at Wyndam Old SJ last year and we were able to walk around
and enjoy the festival. Met others from CC Roll Call Board for dinner
at Parrot Club which was a blast. Wyndam was sold out this year for us
too. We are staying at Marriott Couryard, Ilsa Verde. Found it by
searching on line and the price was fair. We are getting in late so
being in Old SJ didn't matter.
Have a great cruise. See you on the boards.
Norma

Old December 25th, 2003, 06:37 PM
mrtractor

Thanks for your reply! Let us know how the Courtyard Marriot was. We always
go to the Parrot Club when in OSJ! Love the food, the Parrot Passion Drinks
and the quirky colorful atmosphere.

Have a great cruise!
om...

Old December 27th, 2003, 04:59 AM
norma

"mrtractor" wrote in message et...
Thanks for your reply! Let us know how the Courtyard Marriot was. We always
go to the Parrot Club when in OSJ! Love the food, the Parrot Passion Drinks
and the quirky colorful atmosphere.

Have a great cruise!

Will report on the Courtyard Marriot when I return.
Norma