What would you recomend we bring

Old February 21st, 2004, 03:24 PM
Dean Avola

Default What would you recomend we bring

HI,

My wife and I are leaving with weekend for a cruise aboard HAL. I was just
wondering what sort of things we might bring as far as medicine chest type
items. Last time we tried a cruise we stayed at the Marriott in Miami the
night before. She got food poisoning the morning of the cruise thanks to
there using bad eggs.

This time I want to take a few things that might come in handy.

Old February 21st, 2004, 04:25 PM
Coqui

Default What would you recommend we bring

Dean Wrote:
HI,

My wife and I are leaving with weekend
for a cruise aboard HAL. I was just
wondering what sort of things we might
bring as far as medicine chest type
items. Last time we tried a cruise we
stayed at the Marriott in Miami the
night before. She got food poisoning
the morning of the cruise thanks to
there using bad eggs.
This time I want to take a few things
that might come in handy.

Hi Dean

For starters I would suggest Pepto Bismol tablets, or Imodium for
traveler`s diarrhea, Alka-Seltzer, antacids, Tylenol, bandages, Iodine,
Anti-Bacterial cream, alcohol and cotton swabs, Q-Tips. Sun block is a
must. Also, remember to take your prescribed medication. I also take
along Bactine spray when I leave the ship, in case of scrapes, scratches
etc. from slips or falls.

Preparation H is good for other stuff too VBG Good for puffiness and
swelling under eyes and to soothe insect stings....really, lol. Has
other uses, but cannot recall at the moment.

Enjoy your cruise

Regards
Coqui.....loves multi-purpose items.

Old February 21st, 2004, 07:39 PM
Clare Sleeter

Prep H in the US does not contain the anti-puffiness/ ant-wrinkle chemical
anymore. Better load up in Canada or other cruise destinations if you're
thinking of trying this..

Old February 24th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Lisa

Don't ever go anywhere without Immodium AD or a store brand
equivalent. I also take Tums and something like Zantac for a really
stubborn case of acid indigestion. I learned on our first cruise not
to forget the anti-bacterial ointment. They have it in the infirmary,
but do you really want to waste your precious vacation time when you
could just take care of it yourself? Also, whatever headache remedy
works best for you. Did I mention Dramamine or the equivalent? Same
reason as the anti-bacterial ointment. In really rough seas even
people who swear they don't get seasick wish they had packed it. Lisa
Old February 26th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Dean Avola

Well its packing time, thanks to you all for some great idea. I have to get
this together as my wife works out of country and does not get back till 20
hours before we leave.

Thanks again.

Dean

Old February 26th, 2004, 08:41 PM
0 O

A night lite - we will be on OOSTERDAM Feb 29 TH