Question on public lavatories in Paris

Old September 13th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Thomas Adams

Default Question on public lavatories in Paris

Now that I think of it I might have forgotten something when I prepared
my Paris trip. Seeing that it's time for my yearly diarrhea I wonder
what's the deal with public lavatories in Paris. Are there enough to
safely stroll around, are they easy to find if you don't know what to
look for, are they clean?
Old September 13th, 2003, 05:18 PM
blib

Now that I think of it I might have forgotten something when I prepared
my Paris trip. Seeing that it's time for my yearly diarrhea I wonder
what's the deal with public lavatories in Paris. Are there enough to
safely stroll around, are they easy to find if you don't know what to
look for, are they clean?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, your best bet is to nip into a bar or cafe..

Old September 13th, 2003, 05:24 PM
ra

Thomas Adams wrote:
Now that I think of it I might have forgotten something when I prepared
my Paris trip. Seeing that it's time for my yearly diarrhea I wonder
what's the deal with public lavatories in Paris. Are there enough to
safely stroll around, are they easy to find if you don't know what to
look for, are they clean?

They have the "green ball" self cleaning public pay toilets - but they
are few and far between. Museums are good bets. Less clean, but
frequent are the ever popular McDonalds. They generally have open
public toilets - but you have to look for them once you get inside. Of
course you can always buy a coke and ask.

Old September 13th, 2003, 06:16 PM
JX Bardant

Seeing that it's time for my yearly diarrhea I wonder
what's the deal with public lavatories in Paris. Are there enough to
safely stroll around,

no

are they easy to find if you don't know what to
look for,

yes... follow dead flies (j/k)

are they clean?

yes

Conclusion : use cafés. In some of them they will maybe tell you that
toilets are just for clients. In some others the door opens with small
change.

Old September 13th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Miguel Cruz

Thomas Adams wrote:
Now that I think of it I might have forgotten something when I prepared my
Paris trip. Seeing that it's time for my yearly diarrhea I wonder what's
the deal with public lavatories in Paris. Are there enough to safely
stroll around, are they easy to find if you don't know what to look for,
are they clean?

There is a global service specifically for this purpose. Look for a large
rounded yellow "M". They provide relatively clean public restrooms to
everyone, and for those people who are having trouble "getting things
going", they sell various ingestible aids at the counter.

I think it's funded by the United Nations or something.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old September 13th, 2003, 07:26 PM
GG

"ra" wrote in message
et...

Thomas Adams wrote:
Now that I think of it I might have forgotten something when I prepared
my Paris trip. Seeing that it's time for my yearly diarrhea I wonder
what's the deal with public lavatories in Paris. Are there enough to
safely stroll around, are they easy to find if you don't know what to
look for, are they clean?

They have the "green ball" self cleaning public pay toilets - but they
are few and far between. Museums are good bets. Less clean, but
frequent are the ever popular McDonalds. They generally have open
public toilets - but you have to look for them once you get inside. Of
course you can always buy a coke and ask.

In many McDonalds in France, these days, you have to buy something to obtain
the alphanumeric code necessary to open the restroom door.
GG

Old September 13th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Derek F

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Thomas Adams wrote:
Now that I think of it I might have forgotten something when I prepared

my
Paris trip. Seeing that it's time for my yearly diarrhea I wonder what's
the deal with public lavatories in Paris. Are there enough to safely
stroll around, are they easy to find if you don't know what to look for,
are they clean?

There is a global service specifically for this purpose. Look for a large
rounded yellow "M". They provide relatively clean public restrooms to
everyone, and for those people who are having trouble "getting things
going", they sell various ingestible aids at the counter.

I think it's funded by the United Nations or something.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.

Have you been to Chinese "M" in Kowloon? A long line of cubicles with a
central gutter running through them to crouch over and other peoples waste
floating through.
Derek.

Old September 13th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Owain

"Miguel Cruz" wrote
| There is a global service specifically for this purpose. Look for a large
| rounded yellow "M".

Ah, the the sign of the "golden buttocks"

Owain