D DAY off topic

Old June 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default D DAY off topic

Did any one remember today is 6/6 a day that we will never forget,god
bless all our veterans.and every other military person.

cruise lover

Old July 7th, 2008, 05:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Colin McGarry

Rusty Wilson wrote:
Eddie,
Happy to say I remembered it, in spades. Was on the Grand Princess, and we
stopped at Le Havre on 6.6... and you can bet your next upgrade that I went
to the Normandy Beaches. Pretty special!

Rusty

"Eddie" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:55:42 -0400, (Surfer E2468)
wrote:

Did any one remember today is 6/6 a day that we will never forget,god
bless all our veterans.and every other military person.

cruise lover

Did you take a ships excursion or a private tour. Ships excursions
usually visit Arromanches, Omaha, Pointe du Hoc. With a private tour and
a group of three or more the cost per person is about the same and you
see so much more. There's the car rental and audioguide option aswell.
Being there on the 6th you must have seen quite a few ceremonies and
many military vehicles in the area.

A point to note on ship excursions from Le Havre. The excursion title
'Caen memorial near to the landing beaches." means the memorial and
nothing but the memorial.
I've often had to explain to clients on these trips that Omaha is 30
miles in the other direction from Le Havre and there's no question of
passing by it.

--
Audio Tour Guide d day Normandy. Self Guiding.
http://normandy-tour-guide.cpmac.com.audio-guide.php3