Not fond of dressing up

Old November 21st, 2003, 10:08 PM
steve

Default Not fond of dressing up

im in your corner jeans and t shirts most comfortable for me all the
time. i think ships make you dress up to try and get some cleaning
business and tuxedo rentals.

Old November 22nd, 2003, 03:20 PM
NSq

Add rental fees to the scam.

Old November 22nd, 2003, 08:09 PM
Rich Cacace

And what about all the portrait's they sell?

"NSq" wrote in message
Add rental fees to the scam.

Old November 22nd, 2003, 08:15 PM
fishman

"Rich Cacace" wrote in message
And what about all the portrait's they sell?

I may be in the minority, but I don't take the portraits on formal night as
a scam. I have my husband in a tux and my kids and I dressed to the 9's,
and I want a portrait taken, not a badly-framed photo from the digital
camera. They are not that unreasonably priced and it's a part of the cruise
I look forward to - and a portrait that I am looking at right now. To each
his own.

Chris

Old November 22nd, 2003, 08:40 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Rich Cacace wrote:

And what about all the portrait's they sell?

No one forces you to have a portrait taken and if you do have one taken,
it is still up to you if you want to buy it or not. If any of ours come
out good, I like having them to remind me of the cruise.

sue

Old November 22nd, 2003, 10:43 PM
Rich Cacace

Although I don't buy photo's any longer don't get me wrong- I'm all for
anything that produces revenue for the ship as long as it keeps the boarding
prices as low as possible.

"CupCaked" wrote in message

No one says you must rent a tux, and no one makes you purchase a
photo.

"Rich Cacace" wrote:

And what about all the portrait's they sell?

"NSq" wrote in message
. ..
Add rental fees to the scam.

Old November 23rd, 2003, 01:09 AM
chip3130

"NSq" wrote in
:

Add rental fees to the scam.

Rent stateside at 50% off, or even better; purchase it outright for just
about the same amount you could rent on ship, or for two rentals stateside.
If one plans on cruising a lot, it will come in handy.

Or do like most, and wear a nice jacket and tie....
Old November 23rd, 2003, 01:14 AM
chip3130

"Rich Cacace" wrote in
:

Although I don't buy photo's any longer don't get me wrong- I'm all
for anything that produces revenue for the ship as long as it keeps
the boarding prices as low as possible.

Probably the most insightful comment I have ever read here. Although some
of the costs are outrageous (such as photographs), most of us forget that
the reason we can get an all-inclusive (or most-inclusive) seven day trip
for $499 per person is due to the money that these businesses make from
their sales onboard ship.

As long as you partake in moderation you can have the time of your life,
for very little money.

One of my favorite pastimes while cruising is watching people looking over
their 10 pages of expenses at the end of the week. "We spent $478 in that
bar Thursday night!!!" Time to start digging for the multiple credit
cards....!

Old November 23rd, 2003, 03:24 AM
Charles

In article , chip3130
wrote:

Rent stateside at 50% off, or even better; purchase it outright for just
about the same amount you could rent on ship, or for two rentals stateside.
If one plans on cruising a lot, it will come in handy.

You can purchase a tux at Syms for $159. Jos. Banks usually has them on
sale for $199 or $225. I believe my Syms tux has been on at least 8
cruises, probably more, and is still in good shape. I would not
purchase one for a first cruise, either rent a tux or wear a suit, but
after that cruise if it is obvious you like cruising, then a tux is a
good buy.

--
Charles