Leaving Boston

Old September 1st, 2004, 09:46 PM
Raymond

Default Leaving Boston

Hi, again,

We shall be leaving Boston Airport (Logan) at about 16:00 on a Friday
traveling North on the 93 / 95. Would anyone like to estimate the time
to get to Portsmouth? My route planner says 1h 30min but I might
suspect this is a tad optimistic.

Cheers, Raymond.

(West Sussex England)

Old September 1st, 2004, 10:24 PM
Kristina

On that particular highway at that time of day I would DOUBLE your
time. It may take you 45 minutes to get out of Boston let alone to
N.H.

kris

Old September 1st, 2004, 11:19 PM
Arthur Hoffman

"Kristina" wrote in message
On that particular highway at that time of day I would DOUBLE your
time. It may take you 45 minutes to get out of Boston let alone to
N.H.

Logan Airport is north and east of Boston so you *don't* have to "get out of
Boston" and its traffic. When exiting the airport you head towards the
north shore on Lee Burbank Highway and to route 1 north. (Get specific
directions) You can then shift to 95 north in Lynnfield. You shouldn't go
near 93 as that takes you in the wrong direction. While it's true that you
will be joining the commuter traffic exiting the city on a Friday afternoon,
you should miss the worst of it. An hour and 30 minutes to Portsmouth, NH
looks about right to me. But what do I know. I grew up on the North Shore
not far from Logan, but that was many years ago.

Old September 2nd, 2004, 01:53 PM
MLD

Just to add to what's been provided--when you leave the airport head north
to Route 1--Follow the sign to Revere. Follow Rt.1 North all the way to
Peabody. Approx 2 miles or so past the Rt. 128 intersection (can get on 95
N here but continue on instead) you will be able to enter Rt. 95 N. From
there it is about a 45 min. ride to Portsmouth. All told, from the airport
to Peabody, typically 25 min plus the 45 makes 1 hr.10 min. However, expect
lots of traffic at 4:00 on a Friday afternoon. This will add a minimum of at
least 30 min to the trip plus the slowdown due the unfamiliarity of the
area.
MLD