Airasia to Manila

Old October 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default Airasia to Manila

Was thinking of flying with Airasia from Kuala Lumpur to Manila and from
there on the same day fly to Japan. Flights would be:

Air Asia:
Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL) to Clark (Manila)(CRK)
28 Oct 2007 AK 32
Departs 0720 Arrives 1115

Philippines Airlines
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Departu 14:50 Manila, Philippines - Ninoy Aquino International,
terminal C2
Arrival: 20:10 Tokyo, Japan - Narita, terminal 2

which in theory leaves three hours and a half to get from Clark to Ninoy
Aquino. Is this enough time?

(I'm flying through Manila because on the way back I'll make a stop
there).
--

Alfred Molon

Sunday, October 28, 2007
Departu 14:50 Manila, Philippines - Ninoy Aquino International,
terminal C2
Arrival: 20:10 Tokyo, Japan - Narita, terminal 2

which in theory leaves three hours and a half to get from Clark to Ninoy
Aquino. Is this enough time?

No.

Clear customs and immigration at Clark: 30-60 minutes (add another 30-60 if
you have checked baggage)
Taxi Clark to Manila: 120-240 minutes
Queue to get into the terminal: 0-90 minutes
Checkin: 5-120 minutes

Old October 7th, 2007, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , plover says...

Clear customs and immigration at Clark: 30-60 minutes (add another 30-60 if
you have checked baggage)

Up to 2 hours for immigration and luggage retrieval? That is very, very
inefficient.

Taxi Clark to Manila: 120-240 minutes

I thought the distance was only about 100km, isnt't it?

Queue to get into the terminal: 0-90 minutes
Checkin: 5-120 minutes

That means in sum between 3 and 9 1/2 hours to change airports. Sounds
really crazy.
--

Alfred Molon

Sunday, October 28, 2007
Departu 14:50 Manila, Philippines - Ninoy Aquino International,
terminal C2
Arrival: 20:10 Tokyo, Japan - Narita, terminal 2

which in theory leaves three hours and a half to get from Clark to Ninoy
Aquino. Is this enough time?

(I'm flying through Manila because on the way back I'll make a stop
there).

Fortunately, you will be doing this on a Sunday, so the traffic will
not be as bad as on weekdays. Its very tight, but you could just make
it.

Try to get off the flight as soon as you can so as to be one of the
first to get to immigration. You should be through customs in less
than 30 minutes. There are usually drivers waiting in the arrivals
area offering cars to Manila. You need to negotiate the price if you
can, but it should cost around Php2,000 to Php2,500.

The problem is that Clark is north of Manila, while NAIA is in the
southern part of the city, so you have the unknown factor of how long
it will take to get across Manila itself. Assuming there are no
traffic jams on the way, the journey should take less than 2 hours on
a Sunday. I've done it in as little as 1 hour 15 minutes in my own
car, but if you hit traffic it can take a lot longer.

If you want to avoid the nail-biting stress of trying to make that
connection you would be better to stop over for one night. There are
plenty of good hotels adjacent to Clark in the tourist/nightlife area
of Angeles City.

Chris
Old October 7th, 2007, 06:18 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
plover

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , plover says...

Clear customs and immigration at Clark: 30-60 minutes (add another 30-60
if
you have checked baggage)

Up to 2 hours for immigration and luggage retrieval? That is very, very
inefficient.

Taxi Clark to Manila: 120-240 minutes

I thought the distance was only about 100km, isnt't it?

Queue to get into the terminal: 0-90 minutes
Checkin: 5-120 minutes

That means in sum between 3 and 9 1/2 hours to change airports. Sounds
really crazy.

If you get lucky at every point along the way, then three and a half hours
is enough. Getting that lucky in The Philippines is highly unlikely,
especially as there are several points where substantial delays are
possible: the AirAsia flight, Customs, Immigration, baggage claim, taxi
hire, traffic, terminal access, airline checkin, departure tax booth,
Immigration again, security checks and the requirement to be at the gate 15
minutes before the flight is scheduled.

For passenger comments on NAIA click
http://www.airlinequality.com/Airpor..._forum/mnl.htm. The first two
comments describe the queues.

Sunday, October 28, 2007
Departu 14:50 Manila, Philippines - Ninoy Aquino International,
terminal C2
Arrival: 20:10 Tokyo, Japan - Narita, terminal 2

which in theory leaves three hours and a half to get from Clark to
Ninoy Aquino. Is this enough time?

(I'm flying through Manila because on the way back I'll make a stop
there).

It will take about 1.30 hours from Kuala Lumpur to LCCT.. there are plenty
of buses from the main terminal in Kuala Lumpur.
This LCCT is about 70 kms from the town.. and it will cosy about 30 dollars
by taxi
If I well remember. about 4.50 dollars by bus ( there are two or three
companies doing this )

do not forget Kuala lumpur is muslim.. so alcohol is hard to find or
expensive.
a Bier costed me about 4 to 5 dollars in the shops !!!
and many restaurants did not let me drink it to avoid complaints from other
customers.

On the other hand. Air asia was almost perfect.
I did
Hanoi Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur bali ( as you suggested if I well
remember )

Sunday, October 28, 2007
[...]

utter rubbish u can buy booze anywhere in the airport without offending
anyone
a beer cost the same as any other airport in the world u nob end

Sunday, October 28, 2007
[...]

I did not say you cannot find bier. I said it is very expensive and many
restaurants will not have it and many restuarants will not let you drink it
if you have it with you.

Sunday, October 28, 2007
[...]

you can buy alcohol in all the restaurants u idiot no restaurant will let u
bring your own at any airport in the world.
As for the price of a beer its the same in all the world airports I must
have been through KL airport more than a dozen times during transit and have
always had a beer or glass of wine with a meal and even had a beer with a
muslim who enjoyed a beer the same as me.