drive from manchester, NH to boston, MA

Old September 3rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
morfys

Default drive from manchester, NH to boston, MA

Hi,

We are thinking about flying into Manchester, NH in the third week of
October (~15th), and then immediately driving to Boston, MA. Is there
a scenic route (2 hour drive) from Manchester to Boston where we can
see the fall foliage? Is interstate 93 scenic? The alternative would
be for us to fly into Providence, RI and drive to Boston from there,
but we figure the drive from Manchester would be nicer. Thanks very
much for any input.
Old September 4th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Dick Snyder

Stay away from 93 - you will be watching traffic rather than leaves. I'd
drive 101 to the coast and drive south from there. If you can get a AAA map
you will see the scenic roads marked there. Just to set your expectations
right, you will not see a lot. This is a pretty urban area compared to what
you might see if you went north rather than south.

om...

Old September 4th, 2004, 02:49 AM
MLD

Cmon now---a bit of an overexageration. 93 does get crowded early in the
morning rush hour but then it's OK. You want to send them down Rt 1--stop
and go at 30 mph, motels and restaurants to look at.
MLD