boycott

Old November 14th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Default boycott

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:59:01 -0500, E.k.R. wrote:

Even in Alabama I doubt many will follow the boycott ... but then again how
many people from Alabama go to Aruba anyway? Somehow I think Aruba will
survive the Alabama boycott. Unfortunately the Governor calling for a
boycott only helps to secure Alabama on the list of "laughing stock" states.
It's always been the butt of many jokes, only more so now (no offense to the
sensible people of AL).

I know of a group of several hundred that go, all from Mountain Brook

nose in air
--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people
some of the time, and that's sufficient."
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:40 PM
David Gee

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
Thus spake "Terp" :

Don't cruise on any cruise lines with port of call to Aruba.

Again? Go away, troll.
--
dillon

Are you sure he doesn't mean Albania?
(It would make about as much sense!)

Old November 16th, 2005, 03:58 AM
jimbo

IMO, the people that "boycott" anything have nothing else to do in their
lives.
People that boycott are like people that protest. If you take all the
"protesters/boycotters" you probably will come up with a figure of
75-80% that do not have a job.
I'm not saying if you are a protester/boycotter you do not have a job,
I'm just saying if you take all the people you will find out these
people have nothing else to do in their lives. Most are on welfare, SSI,
or something else that we the taxpayers are paying.
JDR

Old November 17th, 2005, 09:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 11/15/2005 10:58 PM jimbo plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:

IMO, the people that "boycott" anything have nothing else to do in their
lives.
People that boycott are like people that protest. If you take all the
"protesters/boycotters" you probably will come up with a figure of
75-80% that do not have a job.
I'm not saying if you are a protester/boycotter you do not have a job,
I'm just saying if you take all the people you will find out these
people have nothing else to do in their lives. Most are on welfare, SSI,
or something else that we the taxpayers are paying.
JDR

Waay too many sweeping generalizations in one paragraph.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:32:39 GMT, "Terp"
wrote:

Not to sound mean but you folks need to catch the news once in awhile and
see what is going on. Myself I will not be going on a cruise if the port of
call is Aruba.

Excellent! Keep it that way!
Jos Flachs in: Krungthep Mahanakhon Bovorn Rattanakorsin Mahinthara
Ayutthaya Mahadilokpop Noparat Ratchathani Burirom
Udom Ratchanivej Mahasathan Amornpiman Avatarnsathit
Sakkathattiya A-visnukarmpasit
also known as: Bangkok, Thailand
Old November 23rd, 2005, 01:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

You need to look at the whole picture and not be swayed by the hot story of
the moment. Disappearances, inept policing, corruption, and cover ups
happen all over the world even in the United States.

I would not hesitate to go back to Aruba either on a cruise or a land
vacation. I think that, statistically, I am much safer there than in most
other parts of the Caribbean.

BTW, what is the point of boycotting Aruba? The woman who disappeared will
not be found, the suspects will not talk, the crime will not be solved.
Again, that happens all over the world even in the United States

Old November 24th, 2005, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

From: (Odysseus)
BTW, what is the point of boycotting Aruba?
==
There is no point.
The people that "boycott" have nothing else to do in their lives. I
believe they "think" they are really doing something.
JR