Egypt

Old November 22nd, 2005, 02:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Egypt

I don't know whether you have seen this review or not, but
I think you would enjoy it. It's a good read!

http://www.royfc.com/egypt.html

Ermalee

Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Ermalee McCauley" wrote in message
. ..
I don't know whether you have seen this review or not, but
I think you would enjoy it. It's a good read!

http://www.royfc.com/egypt.html

Ermalee

It would be a lot nicer if the reviewer didn't think it was so "cute"
to write a trip report in the third person--personally I found the
writing style tedious to read. Besides, after reading their negative
reactions to the Coral Princess (Panama Canal) excursion to be
the exact opposite of the same cruise we took last April, I wouldn't
bother reading any of their other reviews.

Pete

Old November 22nd, 2005, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

" Uncle Peter" wrote in

It would be a lot nicer if the reviewer didn't think it was so "cute"
to write a trip report in the third person--personally I found the
writing style tedious to read. Besides, after reading their negative
reactions to the Coral Princess (Panama Canal) excursion to be
the exact opposite of the same cruise we took last April, I wouldn't
bother reading any of their other reviews.

I wasn't writing for you. I was writing for my grandchildren.

If you would read further, especially my comments about what to
expect on a Grand Circle tour to Egypt (linked from the review
page), you would find I wrote that in the first person, as it
originally was written for folks who had asked for that type
information.

Quite frankly, when I went to grammar school, writing in the first
person was discourage as egotistical.

Obviously you stopped reading the Panama review after a paragraph
or two, because it is apparent that you missed these remarks: "It
must be understood, however, that Grandma Bert and Grandpa Roy did
indeed enjoy this cruise, as they have all their cruises. They
noticed only very few differences in terms of quality and service on
the Coral Princess from their previous three Carnival cruises and
their one Norwegian Cruise Lines voyage a few years ago."

You also would have found there were many other things we loved
about the Princess cruise, and you would have seen that I summed up the cruise
with a paragraph that started, "It was another wonderful cruise for
your grandparents. While Grandma and Grandpa do not understand why
some people hate Carnival, they do have some insight into why people
like Princess"...

Several months ago I received an e-mail from Princess in which they
said they were upgrading their mattresses in the mini-suites and
offering a choice of pillows. Let's see, do you think I was the
only one who complained?

An even earlier review posted and linked here by someone else of
the Coral Princess Panama voyage noted a problem with pillows. In
that case, the reviewer said he (she?) was able to get better
pillows.

People frequently read reviews to learn the ins and outs of the
cruise, what to expect, what to look for, how to get what one pays
for (there's that third person again). When I write a review,
firstly, it it for my six grandchildren to enjoy. Then it is to
inform others who may wish to take the cruise.

I'm glad you enjoyed your Princess cruise. We did too You would know that,
had you read far enough.

--Roy Cochrun
Old November 23rd, 2005, 01:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Ermalee McCauley wrote:
I don't know whether you have seen this review or not, but
I think you would enjoy it. It's a good read!

http://www.royfc.com/egypt.html

Ermalee

That was nice, Ermalee. Thanks for
posting it.

Marsha/Ohio

Old November 23rd, 2005, 01:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Ermalee McCauley wrote:

I don't know whether you have seen this review or not, but
I think you would enjoy it. It's a good read!

http://www.royfc.com/egypt.html

Ermalee

I thought that I had sent this to a friend in private E-mail.
Chalk up yet another oops for me.

Ermalee ----enjoyed the review, the pictures and the videos :-)

Old November 23rd, 2005, 10:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Saw the EGYPT file,and it was very good,it brought back many memories of
our trip to EGYPT,it was one of the best trips we ever took,loved the
nile cruise,we did not go wit grand circle,we took an agency from new
york called TRIANA,it was a three week trip,and they took our luggage in
new york,and we never had to be bothered with it until we returned to
new york,they handled everything.
surfer e2468