Bottled Water in Cabin/Princess

Old January 4th, 2006, 05:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Bottled Water in Cabin/Princess

We brought bottled water with us last time to put in our cabin's fridge but
noticed there was some in the fridge when we arrived. I wasn't going to
bring any this time. Just read on cruisecritic that Princess charges for
this water? Really? Maybe that was the reason my bill was higher than I
thought it should be.
Monica

Old January 4th, 2006, 05:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Monica wrote:
We brought bottled water with us last time to put in our cabin's fridge but
noticed there was some in the fridge when we arrived. I wasn't going to
bring any this time. Just read on cruisecritic that Princess charges for
this water? Really? Maybe that was the reason my bill was higher than I
thought it should be.

Yes, Princess does charge per bottle for the water they leave in your
cabin. This is true for all/most other cruise lines also. Sorry I
don't remember how much they charge per bottle.

sue

Old January 4th, 2006, 06:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

It might be a good idea to let Housekeeping or the Pursers Office know
this, so you don't get billed for your OWN water in the fridge that gets
consumed.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

Old January 5th, 2006, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Royal Caribbean was $4.02 per Liter. I drank at least 2 liters a day.
The small bottle was $2.38 (I think). The liter bottles are a better
value and I kept an open bottle in the cabin.
You can always take the items out of the frig and put them on the
counter above. Just so long as everything is accounted for they will
not charge you. I keep my water, beer and wine in the frig and the
stuff I don't want on the counter. The cabin steward has never said
anything about it.

Old January 5th, 2006, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On most cruise lines we have been on they charge $2.50 for a botle of
water.

(.a cruise lover.)

Old January 6th, 2006, 01:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I tell my cabin steward to remove the bottled water and soft drinks
from my cbain on lines that charge for them. One time there was a
mistake and I was charged when I never opened any of the the bottles.
It was removed from my bill but there was still the inconvenience of
going to the front desk on the last day of the cruise.

Old January 8th, 2006, 02:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:30:12 -0500, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Monica wrote:
We brought bottled water with us last time to put in our cabin's fridge but
noticed there was some in the fridge when we arrived. I wasn't going to
bring any this time. Just read on cruisecritic that Princess charges for
this water? Really? Maybe that was the reason my bill was higher than I
thought it should be.

Yes, Princess does charge per bottle for the water they leave in your
cabin. This is true for all/most other cruise lines also. Sorry I
don't remember how much they charge per bottle.

sue

I think they wanted $4.25 for a liter and a half bottle when we were
on regal last year....not all the pirates are off the Coast of Africa
it seems.

Jim P.

P.S. we bring our own, I can buy a half dozen bottles for that price.
Old January 8th, 2006, 08:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On the Regal Princess last October. Thought I remembered the bottle of
water was $2.50 but could easily have been $2.95 like Monica says.

Cheers,
Daniel

Bottled Water in Cabin/Princess

Group: rec.travel.cruises Date: Wed, Jan 4, 2006, 8:35pm (PST+3) From:
NOSPAM (Mary*Ann*cogeco.net)